Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 10: The Songs for the Soundtrack of Your Life

1. Free to Be Me- Francesca Battistelli

"Cause I got a couple dents in my Fender, got a couple rips in my jeans, try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy. And on my own, I'm so clumsy, but on Your shoulders I can see, I'm free to be me."

2. In My Daughter's Eyes- Martina McBride

"In my daughter's eyes I am a hero, I am strong and wise and I know no fear, but the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me, I see who I wanna be, in my daughter's eyes."

3. Live Like You Were Dying- Tim McGraw

"An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance, 'To live like you were dyin'. Like tomorrow was a gift, and you got eternity, to think about what you’d do with it. An' what did you do with it? An' what can I do with it? An' what would I do with it?"

4. Graduation- Vitamin C

"And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives, where we're gonna be when we turn 25. I keep thinking times will never change, keep on thinking things will always be the same, but when we leave this year we won't be coming back, no more hanging out cause we're on a different track."

5. Send it On- Friends for Change

"Send it on, on and on, just one hand can heal another. Be a part, reach a heart, just one spark starts a fire, with one little action, the chain reaction will never stop, make it strong, shine a light and send it on, send it on."

6. The Dance- Garth Brooks

"And now I'm glad I didn't know, the way it all would end the way it all would go. Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss the dance..."

7. This is Me- Demi Lovato

"This is real, this is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, gonna let the light, shine on me. Now I've found, who I am, there's no way to hold it in, no more hiding who I want to be, this is me."

8. Shout to the Lord- Hillsong United

"My Jesus, my Saviour, Lord there is none like You. All of my days I want to praise, the wonders of Your mighty love. My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength..."

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...