Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 27: The Ways You Have Grown Since Your Early 20s

Well, I still consider myself to be in my early 20s. In about 2 weeks, I might be headed towards mid-20s, haha (I'll be 24) but for right now, I'd like to think I'm in my early 20s, hehe! Either way, I'll try and describe some of the ways I think I have grown since I was 19/20 years old.

1. I graduated with my Bachelors Degree and am almost finished with my Masters Degree.
2. I am married! :) December 28th, 2010, I married my best friend!! At 19/20 years old, I was still struggling to hold down a steady relationship, period. haha!
3. I am expecting our first child :) It was a HUGE surprise, but the best surprise I could have ever asked for! I feel like it has made me grow up SO much! And I am finding out what true love really is... I obviously have true love for my husband, but I'm learning about the kind of love you have for someone that you've never "seen" before. It's breathtaking!
4. I moved out. Crazy, huh? I honestly never thought I'd see that day, but I made that jump in April 2010 and haven't looked back since. I love feeling independent and having my "own family." :)
5. We have a mobile home instead of a 1-bedroom apartment. Now, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with a 1-bedroom apartment. We lived in one for 8 months together, but there's something about having a 3-bedroom home that changes you! I love decorating our house, having a bedroom for Tayler.. it's wonderful and I feel so blessed!
6. I wrote a book! I feel like that helped me grow in so many ways. Not because it was ME writing the book, but because of the journey I traveled down to write each chapter. It changed me!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...