Thursday, March 22, 2012

Project 366: Day 34 [March 21st]


I know, you're probably getting tired of me saying how beautiful the days are around here! Yesterday it was about 82 degrees, which is completely out if the ordinary for this time of year! It is crazy to think that this time last year, I was walking to get Tayler out wearing jeans and sweatshirts! But my question is this-- if Summer came in March, does that mean that Autumn is going to come in August. I won't be hatin', I'll tell you that much, haha! But anyways, Tayler and I went outside yet again today and boy oh boy, did she enjoy it! She loves hearing the birds chirp. It is the sweetest thing :)


And look at this happy smile:


She ain't no fool, haha! She knows what to do when the camera is out ;) We had such a good time! Since all of our chores were done Monday and Tuesday, we decided we'd relax today. Then, we went to Pap and Gigi's house. We see them often, but it's usually just for like 20-40 minutes at a time. They'll stop over on lunch hours or we'll go out to eat quickly. So, we went over there last night just to spend some good, quality time with them :)



She enjoyed playing with Oreo and of course, chewing on the ball and watching 'Yo Gabba Gabba' haha! :) Hector Jimenez was on, so of course, she was locked to the TV. She just LOVES him ;) We had some yummy Pizza Hut pizza, breadsticks, and wings. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for everything! We had a wonderful visit! Tayler didn't want to leave...


She just kept wandering around the driveway, haha! And we were all chasing her. It was so cute! She felt so big, you could so tell :)

And guess what Ethan let me buy today???


NEW GLASSES! These ones will match his softball team's jersey colors! I ended up purchasing a jersey to match him, so I am REALLY excited now! :) My mom purchased me some orange flip flops, too! Yes-- I will be all decked out, haha! Orange glasses, orange shirt, orange shoes. We're ready to go! She also got Tayler an adorable hair bow to match her shirt. We're ready for softball, Dad! :)

Once we got home, it was bath time for everyone! We were kind of in a hurry so we could watch us some 'American Idol.' Are there any fans out there? Who are your favorites? 


I thought last night's show was good, but I really think you're starting to see the individuals who should proceed on with this competition that have raw talent and those that do not. My favorites last night were Jessica Sanchez, Colton Dixon, and Elise Testone.

I felt Jessica can just sing. Period. Randy nailed it right on the head when he talked about consistency with her. That's how Carrie Underwood won it, remember?

Colton just knows how to reach into people's hearts. I feel like he truly connects with the music and I honestly really appreciate that.

Elise gave me cold chills. Not to mention, I love that song! '13 Going on 30' anyone? :) She did such a good job and I feel she deserves to stick around because of that!

DeAndre Brackensick. Oh my. I don't even know what to say. I've never been a fan and last night made me realize why. I just don't like the 'feeling' he brings to the stage. I don't like the hopping around and the hair. I'm mean, aren't I? Sorry :( Just stating how I feel!

Hollie Cavanaugh- I felt she did a really good job last night. She isn't my particular favorite, but she has a gorgeous voice on her and I feel she deserves to stick around in the competition a bit more. Plus, I loved how she was dressed last night!

Heejun Han-- He ranks up there with DeAndre in my book. I don't know how he's made it this far, honestly. But I think last night's performance was there worst of them all. I guess we'll see tonight, eh?

Erika Van Pelt-- Okay, completely off the subject of music, but HOLY COW, I love her new hair do! It takes YEARS off of her face. Does anyone else agree?? Gah, loved it! It was just wonderful! And her voice was just gorgeous last night as well. She definitely deserves to stick around!

Joshua Ledet- Okay, I am going to be honest here. I LOVE Joshua's voice. I really do, but I also think America is going to get tired of it. Remember that young man that sang a lot of gospel last year or the year before? I can't remember his name for the life of me, but I know he got voted off rather early. Not that Joshua sings gospel and not that there's anything wrong with it.. I'll listen to Kirk Franklin any day of the year, but I just think others are going to get tired of the same thing.. after the same thing.. every single week.

Phillip Phillips is one of my husband's favorites. I can't say that he's one of mine. I enjoy his music, but I can't help but think that you wouldn't see him making anything after this. I don't know why, that's just how I feel. What are your thoughts on Phillip? He's good, please don't get me wrong, but I just get a 'weird vibe' with him.

Skylar Laine- What a cutie! And boy, can she sing! I loved last night's performance. She has such a great stage presence and she can sing like nobody's business. She definitely deserves to stick around!

Who do I think will be in the bottom 3??

1. DeAndre Brackensick
2. Joshua Ledet
3. Heejun Han

And I think Heejun Han will be going home. Of course, I said that last week and was wrong.. .so I could very well be wrong this week! What are your thoughts on the bottom 3?

And now for the prayer today:

Pray that your husband will have a balanced life—that he will balance work and play. Pray that he will fear God, but also gain favor with people he knows at work and church. (Luke 2:52; Prov. 13:15)
(Source)

And the Bible scriptures that go along with it are as follows:

Luke 2:51-52 (The Message) So he went back to Nazareth with them, and lived obediently with them. His mother held these things dearly, deep within herself. And Jesus matured, growing up in both body and spirit, blessed by both God and people.

Proverbs 13:15 (The Message) Sound thinking makes for gracious living,
   but liars walk a rough road.

Dear Lord, thank You for Ethan and for the man that he has become for our family. You have really blessed us with such a good person that would do anything for us! I just ask that You help him to balance his life between You, work, extracurricular activities, and his family. Help him not to feel overwhelmed with all that is going on in our lives. Help him to fear You and follow after You. Help him to be an upstanding person among those at work, our families, and our friends. We love You so much Lord and we thank You for all that You do for us! You are REALLY good to us!!! We love You!! In Jesus Name, Amen!!!

God bless you all

and cheers to Project 366!

And Happy Birthday to my sister and our Aunt Nancy! We love you guys!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I did a shout out to you on my blog post today (: Thanks for following me!!!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...