Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project 366: Day 41 [March 28th]

Good morning bloggers! 

I thought I'd start off with a picture of my sweetheart. She usually gets in bed with me after Ethan goes to work and I just love it, hehe! She sleeps like such a big girl, it honestly cracks me up. This is how she was when I woke up this morning:


Is she not the cutest thing ever? *sigh* I just adore her!

After that, we came downstairs and played in her play room! Well, sometimes Tayler gets extremely independent and doesn't want me playing with her, haha, so I settled in with the '16 and Pregnant' from the previous night.

Okay, seriously ladies-- lets be honest here-- who watches this show?

I am not ashamed to admit it. I do. I find it extremely interesting and it makes me think about my own daughter and what will happen when she gets older.

I'm not naive enough to think that she won't contemplate sex. It's in our human nature. And I refuse to make her believe sex is a 'bad' thing. It is a beautiful thing. It's an intimate moment between a man and a woman. I'm also not naive enough to think that everyone in this world waits until marriage. I don't want to hide things from my daughter. I want to be open with her. I want to speak from my heart. Some believe birth control is a 'negative' thing.. that it allows young people to have sex. But lets just be real-- weren't you curious when you were younger? If we took a vote on how many individuals waited until they were married when they had sex, I'm sure we'd have slim-pickin's. What if we took a vote on how many individuals waited until they were out of high school? College? Less and less... and since there's curiosity in everyone, I'd rather my daughter be prepared, than pregnant at 16. I wasn't a teen mother when I had my child, but I was in a 'new' relationship. I had been dating her father for almost 5 months when I saw those two blue lines. We had just moved in together..  in to a one bedroom apartment. Fortunately, we had a relationship that lasted. Fortunately, everything worked out for us. But that isn't always the case for some people. And not only do I not want my daughter to be a teen mother, I don't want her to carry baggage around with her either. That's why I want to talk to her about how intimate sex is. I don't want her to have the baggage of past sexual partners. Maybe it doesn't matter to some people in this world, but I know for my husband and myself.. our past partners were an obstacle we had to get over. It was hard to know that the love of our lives shared that moment with another individual. Something we had to get past. I just pray that Tayler will understand it's beauty.. and if she's still curious, I still want to be prepared. There's my two cents ;) Hope y'all don't mind me throwing that in there!


After that, I looked over to my right at the recliner and I saw Tayler had a realization. She was standing by the fire place and I knew she saw it. I knew she realized freedom was within her reach. And she sought after it.. and succeeded. Yes, she saw there was a small opening between the chairs we were using as gates and the wall....


Yes, her little body fit through that. And yes, she escaped, haha! This is what I saw when I finally got up..


Getting in to everything. Ornery as can be, I tell you!

Guess what else happened today? 

I finished 'The Hunger Games!'

SUCH a good book! I can totally tell what the fuss was all about, let me tell you! I couldn't put it down today! I read almost 200 pages. Yes, that's how good it was, haha! I'm finally moving on to 'Catching Fire' and I cannot wait to read it already!


Loved it! Have any of you read it? How'd you like it? Now I'm anxious to watch the movie! :)

And I had to show a picture of Tayler. We've been working our way out of bottles and into sippy cups. She is doing phenomenal through the day time. She doesn't have milk or juice in a bottle at all.. but at night, just before bed, it's like she thinks she HAS to have one, haha! Hopefully we'll fix that, but other than that.. she's doing amazing! I am so proud of her :) She is such a big girl!


Isn't she cute? I fall in love with that little piggy tail every single day! :)

And guess who came to visit?

Yep, you guessed it! Pap and Gigi! Here's Pap playing with Tayler-Bug on the floor! They were having a blast!


He just loves her and she absolutely loves him :)

After that, we settled in with the girls. We were baby sitting tonight and so we let them play while we watched 'American Idol.' This picture cracked me up because Tayler was playing 'Peek-a-Boo' with Natalie and she was cracking up.


And then they had a team effort to steal my Sprite hahaha! How cute is that?


Are they ornery or what? ;)

And yes, now for some 'American Idol' chit chat! Did anyone watch last night? Who are your favorites? Who's performance did you enjoy the best?



My favorites are Colton Dixon and Jessica Sanchez. I would love to see them in the finale. Colton sang with such compassion for God last night, it was overwhelming. And Jessica, well, she can just sing! 

I also loved Skylar Laine's performance of 'Gunpowder and Lead' last night. (I want to make that my ringtone now ;)) Elise Testone worked the crowd and did amazing! And Joshua did great too!

I think the bottom 3 will be:

1. Heejun Han
2. DeAndre Brackensick
3. Hollie Cavanaugh

and I think DeAndre is going home

But I'm always wrong about these things, haha!

And now for our last prayer!

Pray that your husband will recognize the lies of the Enemy in his life. Pray that his attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as he brings his thoughts into captivity to the Word of God. (John 8:44; 2 Cor. 10:4-5)
(Source)

And the Bible scriptures that go along with this are as follows:

John 8:42-47 (The Message) If God were your father," said Jesus, "you would love me, for I came from God and arrived here. I didn't come on my own. He sent me. Why can't you understand one word I say? Here's why: You can't handle it. You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies. I arrive on the scene, tell you the plain truth, and you refuse to have a thing to do with me. Can any one of you convict me of a single misleading word, a single sinful act? But if I'm telling the truth, why don't you believe me? Anyone on God's side listens to God's words. This is why you're not listening—because you're not on God's side."

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (The Message)  The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. 

Dear Jesus, thank You for my sweet and kind husband that I love so much! You have truly blessed me in every sense of the word! I just ask that you remove the enemy from his life. When the enemy comes in with a distraction or a tactic, let him realize it and pray it away! I pray that he reads Your Word and falls in love with it and allows it to protect him! Let him bring all of his thoughts to You! We love You Lord! In Your name, Amen!

God bless you all

and cheers to Project 366!


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...