Friday, December 28, 2012

NAME CHANGE---- OH MY WORD!!

Okay.

I've got some breaking news.

We're changing the baby's name!

Shocker, right?

Thank God I haven't gotten anything personalized yet! HAHA!

Alright. Want the story?

Most of you that know me, know that I love the name 'Quinn.' Always have. When we were discussing names, I begged and begged Ethan to fall in love with that name, but he never did. After we found out we were having another girl, I asked him again, but he said Sawyer was his #1 choice... and well, I liked it too, so that was that! We both agreed on a name-- I wasn't going back! It just made sense!  He said, 'If we have another child some day.. and it's a girl... we'll name her Quinn.' 

Well.... fast forward to last night at dinner. We were eating salsa and chips and just talking about how excited we are for the baby to be born and he says, 'You know what? I have been thinking. What if the next baby isn't a girl? What if we don't have any more babies? I'm going to feel terrible if you don't get the 'Quinn' you wanted. Why don't we name this baby Quinn?'

 I was shocked! I thought for sure that would never happen, but it made me SO excited. I loved the name Sawyer, but Quinn had always been my #1 choice! The one I felt in my heart. 

SO. With that being said, we are doing a name change thanks to my loving husband being so sweet! [Although the compromise was that he could name baby #3 whatever he wanted... haha] 

So, Quinn Makenzie is due May 8th, 2013. I LOVE the name! And I am SO happy with it!!

I felt terrible changing her middle name. If you all remember correctly, we'd chosen 'Kellylynn' as the middle name because my mom's middle name is Kelly and Ethan's mom's middle name is Lynn. I even cried. I just felt terrible because we were naming her after our mothers, but I just didn't like the way Quinn and Kellylynn rhymed, you know?

So, it's Makenzie now! But that has meaning to us as well, so I think it all works!! :) Hope everyone else likes it!!

We can't wait to meet you, Quinn Makenzie!!


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...