Saturday, December 30, 2017

I Cannot Think of Anyone More Unworthy to this Cause Than I




Paul wrote 13 books of the Bible after his conversion. He was an instrument for the kingdom of God. He traveled from country to country bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ. He was poor, had an ailment of some sort, and sometimes, I doubt he knew where his next meal was coming from. He was dedicated to Jesus Christ and lived his life as such.

Paul was an apostle.

A servant of God.

And his humbleness, I believe, it was God loved most about him.

I was reading Ephesians chapter 3 the other day and a few of the verses instantly brought tears to my eyes. When I read about Paul-- and I see what a man of God he was-- but how unworthy he felt... I can't help but relate. I'm not a 'man of God'... some probably wouldn't even called me a 'saint.' I'm on a journey back to a solid, peaceful relationship with my Savior. I'm getting there one day at a time. But when he writes about feeling unworthy--- that just takes me to another place in God. A place where I realize how perfect His grace is and how wide His mercy is.

Ephesians 3:7-8: "I became a servant and preacher of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace as He exercised His amazing power over me. I cannot think of anyone more unworthy to this cause than I, the least of the least of the saints. But here I am, a grace-made man, privileged to be an echo of His voice and a preacher to all the nations of the riches of the Anointed One, riches that no one ever imagined." (VOICE)

Ephesians 3:7-8: "By God’s special gift of grace, I became a servant to tell that Good News. He gave me that grace by using his power. I am the least important of all God’s people. But he gave me this gift—to tell the non-Jewish people the Good News about the riches Christ has. These riches are too great to understand fully." (ERV)

I am the least important of God's people.
I cannot think of anyone more unworthy to this cause than I.
The least of all God's people.
I am the very least of all the saints.


Paul understood he was called. And that was all he needed to know. He knew he was the least of the saints. He had just spent time persecuting the very Christians he was bringing the gospel to. He probably felt a little undeserving of such a blessed calling.

Galatians 1:23-24 states, "But stories of my call and mission preceded me: “The very man who wanted to kill us all is now preaching the faith he once labored to destroy.”  And so they praised God for the miracle He did in my life." (VOICE)

His testimony is what God desired. 

God saw the work Paul could do-- He saw how those searching for something greater would see a man that was once lost, but now found... and they might seek after the very same thing that changed Paul.

You know, I've made my fair share of mistakes in my life. I know God has shaken His head so many times. He's probably broke down and cried. He's probably sat there, begging for a relationship with me.... and I just continually piled things not of Him in to that space. 

But God spoke to me yesterday and reminded me that where I've been... and where I am now... could be used as a testimony to those that are hurting.. to those that are searching.

Are you struggling with anxiety? Are you struggling with hypochondria? Are you becoming alcohol dependent? He can fix that! He can heal that.

I'm the least of the saints. I'm the least of His people. I'm the most unworthy of His children. 

But I promise, He can fix that hurt inside. He can heal that pain. He can take those fears. I'm living proof of it. 

My prayer is that when people look at the life I've lived... and then see me at this point in my life-- that they will praise God for what He has done in my life-- and seek Him for joy, peace, and love too. I just pray for the sins I've committed to be used as a testimony. That people will see I was once LOST but now I am found. 

By the grace of God, I am what I am. And I pray that what I am now will be used as a testimony of His goodness, His mercy, His grace, His forgiveness, His ability to change a soul. 

To change a life.

I know He's changed mine.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...