Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve Activities




I am so so so excited for tonight! I am totally being THAT Mom... and we have a whole list of things to do tonight with the kids. And since I am beyond ecstatic, I thought I would share our NYE Line Up in case anyone else needed some ideas as well!

6:30PM: Make a New Year's Eve Wishing Tree. (LINK HERE)
*Bible Verse to read: 2 Corinthians 5:17- Therefore if anyone is Christ, the new creation has come! The old has gone, the new is here!

7:30PM: Make 2018 eye glasses out of construction paper. I don't have a link for this-- we are just going to wing it and see how it goes! LOL
*Bible verse to read: Ephesians 4:22-24- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by deceitful desires. To be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

8:30PM- Make New Years Eve videos of each kid. (LINK HERE)
*Bible verse to read: Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.

9:30PM- Have a New Years Eve Scavenger Hunt of our 2017 memories. I sat down and wrote 20 family memories from 2017 on note cards (going to the zoo, going to the Memorial Day parade, Easter Egg hunt, etc.) and then we are going to hide them around the house and as the kids find them, we will read them aloud and reminisce about our year together.
*Bible verse to read- Ezekiel 11:19- I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them. I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

10:30PM- Do New Years Eve Mad Libs together. (LINK HERE) This is a printable- and it's free!
*Bible verse to read- Colossians 3:9-10- Do not lie to each other since you have taken off your old self with its practices. And have put on a new self which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

11:30PM- Share what we are looking forward to in 2018- what we want to see happen- what good things we want to come our way!
*Bible verse to read- Revelations 21:5- He who is seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!' Then He said, Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true!"



We are having some yummy food tonight I thought I would share as well!

VEGGIE PIZZA. (LINK HERE)
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS. (LINK HERE) 
and SHRIMP!

Lots of Games! We have: Candy Land, Clue, Trouble, Go Fish, Crazy 8s, and Shopkin Bingo!

And lots of movies! Richie Rich is first on the line up because the kids have not seen it yet!

Should be a REALLY fun night with LOTS to do!! We hope your family has a safe, happy New Year!!





No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...