Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 31 Woman: Day 10- Strength, Hard Work, and Energy





Proverbs 31:17- She dresses herself[a] with strength   and makes her arms strong.[ESV]

Proverbs 31:17- First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. (The Message)

Proverbs 31:17- She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. (NLT)



I absolutely love that 'Bible Gateway' provides so many different versions of the Bible. It helps to break down the scriptures so that we can understand them and grow from them. I remember someone telling me growing up- what is the point in reading the Word if you don't retain any of the information? The Word of God is here for our spiritual growth. It is vital that we comprehend what we are reading so that we can use it in our every day lives. If you haven't checked out 'Bible Gateway,' head on over. There are commentaries, various versions of the Bible, and more. It will bless your life! I promise! 


As for the Proverbs 31 woman- one thing we learn about her here is that she is energetic, strong, and a hard worker. Three great characteristics for any of us to bear! I believe in my heart that if God is active in your life, these three things will be evident in your life. Trust me, I've been the girl that doesn't feel like doing anything, ever. Anxiety and hypochondria was sucking the life out of me. I've been the girl sleeping until 8:20 every morning because I didn't feel like getting out of bed to take my daughter to school. I've been the girl that didn't do laundry for days because I couldn't make myself get up and do anything. I just felt like laying around and watching TV. No motivation. My house suffered. My body suffered. My family suffered. Depression, anxiety, and hypochondria had a hold on me and there was no energy present-- no strength present-- no work ethic either. 

Then one day, I started giving my life over to Him. Of course, all I had was the broken pieces... it wasn't much, but I gave it all to Him. I started praying for God to take all the bad out of my life and replacing it with goodness. It took some time. I didn't feel whole or clean over night, but with time, I started to feel cleaner in my heart. And guess what happened after that? Anxiety and hypochondria started losing it's grip on me. I finally started feeling energetic.. strong.. that I could work hard for my family again.

Life can drain us- but this is where it goes back to taking care of ourselves. What makes you feel energetic? What encourages you? What is something you enjoy doing? What makes you happy? We cannot fill from an empty cup. We cannot pour and pour and pour in to our jobs, our families, our extracurricular activities if we are not pouring good things back in to us! 

I was reading about ways to increase our energy levels (in healthy ways) and I came across some great ideas. Health states: 

1- Eat breakfast in the morning! A good, wholesome breakfast. This starts your day with a bang!
2- Don't delay the day! A doctor writes that by hitting the 'snooze' on your alarm and falling back asleep, you are interrupting the hormone cycle which can make it even harder to get moving! 
3- Let in light! "Artificial or natural, light helps optimize the body's wake-up processes," says Michael Terman, PhD, director of the Center for Light Treatment and Biological Rhythms at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City. "
4- Get up earlier than everyone else. Rushing around is no way to start your morning! This will drain your energy quickly. Set your alarm for 15-20 minutes before everyone else wakes up so you can relax, enjoy your coffee, get things done, etc.
5- Exercise! Even low-intensity work outs can get that blood pumping. Take a walk, do some yoga. Whatever it takes!
6- Move around through the day. If you have a job that requires you to sit for long periods of time, try and take some breaks. Sitting still that long can cause your energy to be depleted. Get up and move around at various times through the day.
7- Take some multivitamins. 
8- Get out in to the sunshine! Vitamin D gives you energy. Head out for a walk, eat your lunch outside. Go out and enjoy it. Soak it up!

Going along with some ways to have more energy, I thought I would share some ways to build a stronger spiritual life. Vibrant Life gives a few ways to do this.

1. Identify blessings in your life. Too many times we get so caught up in what isn't going right in our lives, that we forget that God sends us blessings. Identify one a day.
2. Nurture a prayer life.
3. Take a step of faith.
4. Restore someone else's faith. Do a random act of kindness.
5. Be a grateful person. Start every single morning by giving thanks to Jesus Christ.
6. Look for ways to serve in the community.
7. Cultivate a little solitude in your life. Take some time where it is just you and God-- in the quiet. Let this restore your soul.
8. Turn your worries over to God.
9. Spread love wherever you go. "Spread love everywhere you go: First of all in your own house. . . . Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.”
10. Meditate on scriptures.
11. Spend time in nature.

And as far as working hard goes...

I found an amazing quote on Pinterest (shocker I know! Lol)

"Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion."

What are you passionate about? Chase after it. Become passionate about your life. Your family. Your career. Yourself.

If you are passionate about it, you will work hard on it.. for it....

God bless you all today!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...