Sunday, May 6, 2018

Summer Schedule



We are preparing for Summer in the Bay household... and this Summer, things are going to change. I wasn't in the best place of my life last Summer and that showed in the condition of our house, their learning, their schedules, etc. BUT- through the power of Jesus Christ, He has been working on my life and I vow to have a healthier, happier, focused Summer this year.

First and foremost, we are going to stick to a schedule. Last year was all willy-nilly. We got up whenever, I started drinking by 3PM, and then we did whatever in the evening. I rarely had them outside due to anxiety. We rarely went places... and of course, a schedule flew out the window because I *needed* days to battle my mental health BUT I refuse to be that woman this year, in the name of Jesus.

Pinterest has been a great asset for our Summer schedule. Here's what Monday thru Friday in the Bay house will look like.

SUMMER SCHEDULE.

7:AM-8:30AM: Wake Up, breakfast, TV Shows, Get Dressed
8:30AM-9:00AM: Chores (There will be a chore chart below for each child)
9:00AM-10:00AM- Table time/Theme Work
10:00AM-10:20AM- Reading time
10:20AM-10:30AM- Snack Time
10:30AM-12:00PM- Outdoor Play/Free Play
12:00PM-12:30PM- Bible discussion
12:30PM-1:00PM- Lunch
1:00PM-1:30PM- Rest/Relax Time
1:30PM-2:30PM- Activity Time/Theme Work
2:30PM-2:45PM- Light Snack
2:45PM-3:30PM- Clean Up Time
3:30PM-4:00PM- Free Time
4:00PM-7:00PM- Dinner/Family Time/Outdoor Play
7:00PM-7:30PM- Tablet Time
7:30PM-8:30PM- Baths/Get Ready for Bed
8:30PM-9:30PM- Bed Time Routine

CHORE CHART.

Lucas is 3 years old. In the morning, he is in charge of:
Dusting the TV Stand and end tables
Wiping off the kitchen table after breakfast
Helping make the bed

Quinn is 5 years old. In the morning, she is in charge of:
Helping with laundry
Wiping off the bathroom counters
Helping with the dishes

Tayler is 7 years old. She has non-verbal Autism so we adjusted chores as such. She is in charge of:
Helping sweep the kitchen floor
Wiping down the windows with help from Mom
Helping vacuum the living room

The next blog post will discuss our THEME WEEKS. Lucas starts preschool this year so we want to prep for him, Quinn starts kindergarten, so we want to continue her learning, and Tayler (as I said previously) was diagnosed with non-verbal Autism so we do not want a great deal of regression to take place this Summer.

What do Summers look like in your home? I'm hoping for a lot of progress in the Bay house this year and for us to all be healthy and happy!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...