Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 3rd- MOMENT




December 3 – Moment.
Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
(Author: Ali Edwards)

October 23rd, 2010. I woke up very early this morning (I'd say around 6AM.) I was too excited to sleep. I grabbed some blue berry toaster streudels, threw them in the toaster, poured a glass of orange juice, pushed the lever on the toaster one more time (I like my toaster streudels extra crispy), picked them up, put them on a plate, sat down on my favorite part of the couch (the side with the recliner), and watched some television. About 9AM, my boyfriend finally rolled out of bed, grabbed some breakfast, and joined me in watching "Hocus Pocus." After this was finished, I grabbed a shower using my vanilla body wash, shaved, curled up hair, pulled on my light blue jeans, my blue tank top, and my gray sweater. It was a little snug in the tummy area, but it was working for me-- I was freezing! My boyfriend got ready and we left our house at 12:30PM to meet my parents at the down-town library at 1:00PM. We had about an hour drive ahead of us... I was so anxious. I was so excited. I had to pee. I drank about 3 bottles of water in the span of an hour... and yes, we had to stop at a McDonalds because I thought I was going to burst! The car ride was noisy-- it was full of chatter. You could tell EVERYONE was anxious and nervous! :) And about 2PM... we FINALLY arrived. Where? Our 3D/4D ultrasound place. We were finding out the sex of our baby. I was 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant and it was time. They told us not to be a minute late... we were right on time. They were an hour behind of schedule. Story of our lives, I tell you! haha! My mom, dad, brother, boyfriend, boyfriend's brother, and boyfriend's brother's girlfriend sat in the waiting room for what seemed like forever. I was fanning myself with a paper... being anxious makes me hot. We could hear other people finding out what they were having and the screams of a lady who was told she was having triplets. And FINALLY, they called our name. We went back into a cozy, dim-lit room. There was a huge couch, a futon-type bed next to the ultrasound machine, and a flat screen TV on the wall. I took off my shoes, got comfy on the bed.. and here the ultrasound technician came walking in. I grabbed my boyfriend's hand. We were so anxious. She squirted the hot ultrasound ointment on my tummy, grabbed the nifty wand they use, and we were ready to go. Oh, our baby was moving everywhere! She asked me what I'd drank before I came-- I said water. She said "Oh Lord, I would have thought you drank tons of caffeine." Nope, my baby just has a lot of energy, haha! And about 2 minutes later, she started typing the words on the screen...

It's a...................

GIRL!

Yes, on October 23rd, 2010 we found out we were having a precious baby girl. And she was healthy. And growing wonderfully. We breathed a sigh of relief. I have never felt more alive than I did in that very moment. I know seeing her will be an even more incredible experience, but finding out WHO that person was inside of me was AMAZING.. it changed my life.


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...