Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4th- WONDER




December 4 – Wonder.
How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
(Author: Jeffrey Davis)

Starting traditions. I never really thought about the traditions that my boyfriend and I would create and pass on to our children. Then, we found out we were expecting (yes, all of these have been about our sweet, precious baby. She has rocked our world) and now, I sit wondering what we want to teach her, what we want to incorporate in our lives, during our holidays, etc. For Halloween, we decided to pass out candy and we want to continue doing that each year until Tayler is old enough to take around :) For Thanksgiving, we started a tradition of going to my parents house and his mom's house. And we are still figuring out all of the Christmas details :) So far, we have got a tree, decorated it, purchased a stocking tree, and bought stocking stuffers. We want to continue these traditions with Tayler as she gets old. She (in all her little beauty) has created and cultivated a sense of wonder in every aspect of our lives.


1 comment:

A'n'G Johnson said...

Found you through Reverb10. I love family traditions! It is always so cool to find the unique ones. Like my family does Belgium Waffles made from a family recipe on holidays and birthdays for breakfast, with icecream and strawberries on top. I just celebrated with friends for Thanksgiving and her family does Fondue the night before. Traditions are some of my favorite things!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...