Thursday, January 13, 2011

Project 365: Day 408- January 12th

Since I failed my 1-hour glucose test on Monday, I had to take the 3-hour glucose test today. Oh joy, right? They had me scheduled for taking the 6:30AM test because I knew I'd be starving by the time I got there and I wanted to just get that sucker over with, haha! Ethan and I got there and finally found where we were suppose to go (it gets confusing!) and we sat down in the waiting room. He was trying to keep me amused because I was so nervous. He had my laptop out looking at random hilarious videos... it was a good time, haha :P Then they called me back to get my first round of blood drawn. This one would measure my "fasting blood sugar." It hurt, but the lady did such a better job then some of the other ladies that have taken my blood, that's for sure!


After that, they told me my fasting blood sugar was great and it was time to drink that juice. Now, for the 1-hour glucose test, I had no troubles. I downed it and didn't even feel nauseous. Given, I ate before that one.. this one I was starving and already felt sick.. so the juice only made me feel worse. I got the juice down in exactly 5 minutes... and oh, I went down hill from there. I kept my head tilted back so I wouldn't pass out or throw up and I was doing a really good job! Ethan got up to go to the restroom, so I decided to lay down where he had been sitting.... he wasn't gone for probably 30 seconds and I was throwing up-- all over the couch, stumbling to get to a trash can.. I yelled for the nurse and told her I wasn't doing too good. The doctor was bringing out wet rags and the nurse was rubbing my back. I was a mess. Ethan walks back out of the bathroom and says "I was gone for 3 minutes and you're on the floor throwing up.." and he laughed, LOL And guess what? That meant the test was void. So, I didn't get to do it. Yes, I fasted for almost 12 hours and went through some crap for NOTHING, haha! I don't know what they're going to have me to do from here on out.. I'll keep everyone posted! lol

Once we got home, I rested for a while and Ethan cooked me some toast. I was worn out! I laid around almost all day-- sad, huh? I couldn't help it, haha! I was so tired. Then Ethan went to play some basketball and I made some steak fajitas for dinner :)


And yes, we went to bed early too! LOL

Cheers to Project 365!


No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...