Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 14: The High Points for Your Autobiography

1. I was born March 6th, 1987 at 1AM to Brian and Gidget :)
2. I have 4 siblings. Corey & Jennifer were God's gifts to our family by blood (August 17th, 1989 and March 21st, 1987) Little Ethan & Brad were God's gifts to our family through Big Brothers Big Sisters. Regardless of how we "met"... we are true siblings for life.
3. I lived in the same city from the time I was born until I was 23 years old.
4. My parents were married May 19th, 1987 and have been married for almost 24 years.
5. I started kindergarten in August 1992. Sadly, where I went to school is no longer a school anymore. It's now a fire station! Crazy how things change, huh?
6. I bible quizzed from the time I was 9 years old until I was 18 years old. If you know me at all, you know this was a HUGE part of my life. It was my very heartbeat.
7. I started high school in August, 2001. The school I attended from my freshman year to sophomore year is no longer the same school. It houses a new school now. We moved into our new school my sophomore year (2003)
8. I played softball in high school for a youth league and absolutely loved it. I even played in a skirt. How about that one? haha!
9. I graduated from high school in June 2005. I love that I graduated in '05 because it makes our reunion dates so easy to remember, haha!
10. I attended Muskingum College from 2005-December 2006. My major was originally education, then it switched to Business. But, due to some overwhelming circumstances, I dropped out in 2006.
11. I transferred to Ashford University in February 2007. My major then became Organizational Management.
12. I LOVED Ashford University... and graduated with my Bachelors Degree in September 2009.
13. I struggled with a anxiety and depression from the time I was 18 years old (April 2005) to the time I was about 22 years old. Fortunately, through prayer, meditation, and writing-- I found peace! It took me sooo long to get to that place (and I'm still working on it) but He gave me what my heart's desire was.
14. In October 2009, I started the graduate program at Ashford University. I enrolled in the MAED program (Distance Learning Education major)... and FELL in love with online education! I had a dream.. a dream of working with students that struggled in traditional schools (just how I did in 2006.) I wanted to help.. and that passion encouraged me to strive in this program.
15. In December 2009, I met Ethan. We met over a random phone call.... met a few days later.. and well, the rest is history. I'll get to that next.
16. In April 2010, I moved in with Ethan. Sure, we move quick. But believe me, driving back and forth between houses (that were 40 minutes apart) was wearing on the body and the mind. Moving in was our choice... and we never looked back!
17. In July 2010, we conceived our precious baby! It was quite a surprise... I remember I took about 8 pregnancy tests, haha! (I thought I was doing them wrong LOL) On August 13, 2010.. it was confirmed by the doctor's office. I was 6 weeks pregnant!
18. On October 11, 2010, Ethan and I moved from our one bedroom apartment to a 3-bedroom, 1 bathroom trailer! It was a BLESSING! We couldn't have been more excited! It is exactly what we envisioned and we were so excited to be able to raise our sweetheart in a home!
19. On October 16, 2010-- we found out the baby's sex. A LITTLE GIRL. And this changed our whole world
20. On Decembr 21, 2010, my first book was published. I'd been working on this book for about 2 years... and I finally got up the guts to send it in to someone. And bless God, they LOVED it!
21. On December 28, 2010, I got married to the love of my life, Ethan. We didn't tell anyone... we just did it on our own at the courthouse, but it was exactly what we wanted!


Those are the high points of my life since birth :) I might be missing a few, of course, haha, but this is what I could remember and would want people to know about me. There's more to come in this crazy, blessed life I live... Thank God for everything He's done and will do :)

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...