Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Refuse to Argue

I don't usually make my blogs a place for my random ramblings, but being the hormonal pregnant woman that I am, I have decided to proceed forth with my thoughts. Take this as your warning, haha :)
 
"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." [Edward Gibbon]
 
In theory, there is no point in arguing with someone whom you do not respect. It's as simple as that.
 
I have tried to narrow down what I get involved with (as far as discussions and conversations go) because, well, A) I don't NEED stress or drama in my life and B) there's really no point in it. I heard once that we should ask ourselves prior to an argument or temper tantrum how this problem/issue will affect us in 5 years. If it won't, chances are.. it doesn't really matter and should just be left alone to avoid any more stress.
 
So, how do I go about narrowing down WHAT I get involved with? By simply choosing not to argue with people I have no respect for. Now, let me first say this-- I in no way think I'm better than these people. Please, don't get me wrong. But, there are certain people in this world that have said some disgraceful things during conversations that have made me go "What the heck?" And because of that, I have determined that these are the people in which there is NO point in arguing. Seriously-- have you ever met those individuals to where you could have 1,000,000 people validating your statements and they would still disagree? Yes. We all have. And because of that, there is noooo point in trying to even argue.
 
I am trying to live a life of peace. I battled with fear and anxiety for a long time (which is what my book is about) and because of that, I have made the decision to cut the ties of anything in my life that creates those feelings again. And pointless arguments seem to spark the fire which ignites the tightness in my chest! I will fight for what I know is right, but I will also only have these arguments/discussions with individuals that can be mature and open-minded (otherwise, there's clearly no point.)
 
To save yourself the trouble of dealing with these kind of arguments, refuse to argue with someone you know is only going to stress you out. Why put that on yourself? Why cause yourself that stress and anxiety? I guess there are some people in this world that thrive on drama. (I've met them- believe me. If there's not some kind of 'problem' going on, they cannot function. Sad life to live if you ask me....) But I digress...
 
"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." [Edward Gibbon]

Remember this. I believe it will come in handy.
 
 I'll step away from my computer now and leave that for you to ponder...
Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...