Monday, March 28, 2011

Negativity And It's Dramatics

 



 
 
A group of friends and myself have decided to start writing concerning a certain blog topic each week. And well, since this week we have all been trying to focus on being POSITIVE, our blog topic for the week is:
 
"Why is being positive so much harder than being negative in life?"
 
And my answer to that?
 
DRAMA.
 
And no, no, no... I'm not talking about "drama queens" and I'm not stating that what you are being negative about is simply drama and it should not effect you. What I am saying is this: What is there to discuss when what you're discussing is positive? People soon run out of "congratulations" or "yays." But boy oh boy, when you're discussing something negative... people can EXPLODE. They can vent. They can rant. They have so much more to say on the subject!
 
Do you ever find that you share more of the negative things in life with others than you do the positive? Exactly. Because people want a reaction. (and when I say people, I'm talking about myself too!) Most stories told include some kind of negativity because, well, it makes for a better story, right?
 
I find myself just thinking about the dramatic things that have taken place in my life when I get around others because it seems like people are more interested in that then hearing something like, "Oh, my husband got paid $40.00 extra this week, thank God!" I think to myself-- "People want to hear something a little more intriguing.. tell them about the people at his work place causing problems..."
 
And truth be told-- I've got to get out of that habit. I've got to focus on the positive (even if others don't think it makes for a very appealing story..) I will certainly be healthier because of it! Negativity only tears you down. Dwelling on negativity only brings down your spirits. It just isn't worth it!
 
Winston Churchill stated, "For myself I am an optimist-- it does not seem to be much use being anything else." This is something we should always keep in mind. Pessimism and negative thinking/attitudes get you no where in life. Pessimism is like a rocking horse-- it gives you something to do, but you get no where while doing it!
 
Cheers to positive thinking!
 
If you'd like to read more about negativity vs. positivity, visit some of my friend's blogs who are also writing about this subject:
 
Emily C.
Emily H.
Kris M.
Channing G.
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...