Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 483: March 28th- Taco Soup and Dilation!

Lets start our morning off with a quote from HolliesQuotes:
 
"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." - Sigmund Freud

This really hit home with me today and I thought I would share....

And now for MONDAY'S update! :)

I woke up this morning with an agenda:

- clean this MESSY house (the weekend always does that to us...)
- throw in the ingredients for 'Taco Soup'
- shower
- doctor's appointment

First duty was throwing in those lovely ingredients for soup! I wanted to let it cook while I was cleaning and getting ready for my 1:30PM doctor's appointment. So, what's all in 'Taco Soup' you might be wondering?

- brown 1lb. of ground beef
- cut up one onion
- take 2 cans of Rotel dip (I used Queso Cheese Dip salsa... that's what I wanted to make it creamier)
- 1 can of yellow corn
- 1 can of white corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 2 packs of dry taco seasoning
- 1 pack of dry ranch mix

It looks like a lot of ingredients, but honestly.... all you do is PURCHASE those. The most work you'll have to do is browning the hamburger. Open up all of the other things and throw those into the crock pot. Do not drain anything (except for the hamburger obviously), cook on high for 4 hours, and voila. You have taco soup! We topped ours with shredded cheese and sour cream.

I forgot to take a picture since we were too busy scarfing down the food, but here's what it should look like.


(Picture taken from here)

Once that was thrown together, it was cleaning time! As I previously stated, our house was a wreck, so I really had to focus on getting things done. I vacuumed, scrubbed floors, scrubbed counters, dusted, scrubbed the toilet and bath tub (the bath tub was so gross from a husband that works in a factory setting...) And FINALLY it was done. But you want to know my favorite part of cleaning?

First of all..... the vacuum lines on the carpet.


Seriously. Does that NOT make you smile? haha! I just love looking at them. It makes the house look so much cleaner and so much nicer.

And my other favorite part?

Sweeping my kitchen. Weird, right? Well, I LOVE doing it because I LOVE my broom!


Adorable, right? haha! Now you see why my husband won't clean ;) LOL

Once the house was clean, it was shower time... and then it was relaxation time... and then... it was DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT time. I was super anxious because I wanted to know how much I was dilated! The appointment was at 1:30PM and wouldn't you know it... the doctor didn't come in to check me until 3:00PM. I was dying! Ethan was freaking out because he wanted to know... and we got the news, 'Alyssa, you're still only dilated 1.' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm ready to have this child, hahahaha! And she's just not wanting to make it happen. Oh well, I guess we'll see what this week/weekend has in store. I just keep telling myself-- she can't stay in there forever, LOL So, with that news, I scheduled an appointment for next Monday too. My 40 week appointment. Lord, let this child come soon! LOL


The rest of the night was spent walking, bouncing on a bouncy ball, and relaxing!

Cheers to Project 365!
Photobucket

1 comment:

MrsRiley said...

I really hope that miss Taylor doesn't make y'all wait like Bear did. Then again, my doc wouldn't induce me until I was two weeks late so there ya go!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...