Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tons O' Topics Day 15

Day 15: Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Why or why not?
 
Yes, I do. I am firm believer in this. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that God prepares things for us and works hard to make sure everything works together for our good.
 
For example:
 
Last night my mom called me when she got home from the party we had went to. She said that while driving home, she went the backroads. While driving, she passed a church that had a quote about patience on their sign. It said something like 'Patience is respecting those in front of you as much as you would want respect from the person behind you..." (I know that isn't right, but you get the picture, right? haha!) Anyways, she said she read the sign and thought 'Yea, Lord, that's a great thought..." and she kept driving.
 
As she kept driving on these curvy backroads, a jeep pulled out and started driving in front of her. And guess what?? They were driving about 20mph in a 35. She said she was getting so frustrated because she just wanted to get home. As they were progressing up one of the hills, the jeep in front of her hit it's brakes and then kept going. She said she was getting irritated and yelled in her vehicle, "Why are we stopping!?" The jeep continued driving and mom slammed on her brakes. She was 3 feet from a deer. She said had she not been following this slow vehicle and had they not hit their brakes for that split second, she may have hit the deer. And guess what? On the back of the jeep's bumper, it said 'Friend of God.'
 
Now, you might be thinking 'That's coincidence' but I believe that God had His hand on my mother... and I believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. God protected her and did all that He did for her. I thank Him for that and that He takes the time to use EVERYTHING for our good!
 

 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...