Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol Recap, Can Openers, and Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie!

Who all watched 'American Idol' last night? This mommy did! I thought it was a GREAT night (from what I could hear...... We had a couple of friends over so I was a bit distracted during parts of it, haha!) I can't believe we're already down to the final 7. It's getting tougher and tougher to predict who is going home... Eek! (Oh, and can I just add how UNHAPPY I was to see the rest of the top 13? I know... that's terrible of me. But honestly-- I can't stand Naima. Grrrr. I wouldn't purchase Idol Tour tickets JUST BECAUSE of that. I just think she's so conceited.. so full of herself.. okay, I'll digress now...)

So, here's my Idol recap, who I think is safe, who I think is in the bottom 3, and who I think is GONE.


First, Scotty-- they say they're getting bored with the same ol' same ol' but guess what? That's who Scotty is and I don't think we should expect anything else from him. The judges told Pia to change it up and stop singing her slow ballads... the one week she does, she's voted off. Coincidence? I think not. I think the contestants should do what they know to do. Scotty is country. I don't think we should expect him to be singing R&B or anything else, you know? And after that rant, I think he's safe!

James Durbin- Safe. Safe. Safe. The Adam Lambert sound alike does what he does best! He rocks out! And that's perfectly fine with me!

Haley- As much as my husband adores her, I think her run in the bottom 3 will happen yet again tonight. You don't get in the bottom 3 countless numbers of times without eventually going home without the title of 'American Idol'....

Jacob- Also in the bottom 3. As emotional as his performance was last night, I don't think it was enough to keep him in the competition.

Casey- Should still be safe. He tore up that Maroon 5 song last... has amazing stage performance.. and that JLo kiss... well, lets just say I think that definitely secured him a spot in the top 6!

Lauren- Sweetheart with such a voice. She's safe. Without a doubt.

Stefano- Uhm, can he pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease finally go home? I know, I'm terrible yet again, but just the way he sings drives me bonkers (with the eyes closed... grrr!)

So that makes the bottom 3: Stefano, Haley, and Jacob.

Going home? Stefano. Please?

----------------------

And that's it for the AI recap. On to more news.

So, when my mom came to visit last week, she made dinners and realized two things: A) We don't have a mixer and B) We don't have an electric can opener. (We have one of those old school ones that you twist...) So, guess what she purchased us?? A mixer and electric can opener!

I FINALLY used the can opener this morning! It's a beauty!


I was in heaven, haha! Thanks mom!! :)

-----

And guess what was for dinner last night? Upside down chicken pot pie! Succccccccccch a good recipe! Thought I'd share the link. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...