Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stay At Home Moms

I've been struggling this week with self-worth.

I love being a mommy. I love being a stay-at-home-mommy. I literally cannot imagine my life being any other way. I LOVE being with Tayler all day long. I love making dinner for my husband and having it ready when he gets home from work. I love being able to clean the house. I love having free time to relax and rest. I feel like it keeps me sane in this crazy world. I love making grocery lists. I love clipping coupons. I love grocery shopping. I love being a mommy and wife. It's simple.

But what is so frustrating about today's world is that most families HAVE to be a 2-income. (That is if you want all the luxuries-- cable, internet, shopping extravaganzas, vehicles...) It's just the way the world works anymore. Sometimes I wish times were simpler... like back in the day where the man worked, the woman cared for the home... and they survived without being terribly stressed.

I worry myself sick sometimes wondering if we will get the bills paid each week. I feel like I don't contribute enough. Sure, I clean our house, cook our dinners, and care for our daughter every day, but unfortunately that doesn't make a car payment or the rent. It's wonderful and it's the life I've always wanted to live, but it won't pay our bills.

Maybe we need to cut back? Maybe we need to let go of some of our luxuries? Should we become a 1-car family? Should we get rid of the cable? Should we cut down our dinners to the basics-- mac and cheese, hamburger helper, etc. instead of stuffed peppers, lasagna, etc.?

I wish I could find a job online where I could be at home with Tayler, yet still pull in a good pay check every week. I find myself praying for that every single day.... that God would somehow open a door for us. I don't feel direction, but I pray that He shows me some.... We need it. We need a miracle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alyssa!
you might want to check into doing home sale programs (lia sophia, 31 party, scentsy etc.) I used to do Lia Sophia and made a really good amount of money. I had to recently quit because school got really busy. You can make your own schedule with these companies. I wouldn't necessarily suggest Lia Sophia because numbers have been dropping with the way the economy is right now and the new companies that are circulating through this area. If you have any questions about any of it I can give you some people to get a hold of that are advisors and they can give you more info. I know people from most of the companies right now. In the meantime I will pray for you that you can find your calling and whatever can help your family prosper and enjoy life :)

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...