Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7th-- She's 1 Week Old Today!

I know, I know... I'm going to be just like EVERY parent out there and say:
 
Oh my heavens! I CANNOT believe my sweet baby girl is one week old already!
 
April 7th was my due date... and April 7th, Tayler has been alive for 1 week :)
 
Here's a snapshot of our LOOOOOOOOOOONG baby girl:
 


 
(Yes, she's on daddy's lap and yes, I think she's going to be a daddy's girl!)
 
How is mommy life?
 
AMAZING.
 
I love that my arms soothe her. I love that she knows my voice when I walk through the door. I love that when others hold her and she hears me, she strains her neck to find me. I love that I have that bond with her. She has changed my whole life.
 
We had a couple of rough nights at first. She wasn't alright with sleeping in her bassinet by herself-- and why would she? She's spent the past 39 weeks tucked inside her mommy's tummy. She's been comforted by me. So, the bassinet is not familiar. It's a bit lonely. There's a bit too much room. But last night, we were blessed with about 5-6 hours of sleep! She ate at 10:40 and slept (in her bassinet mind you!) til 12:40. Then slept in her bassinet again until 2:40. And then slept in her bassinet again til almost 4:00. Then, she got a little fussy and yes-- I did what (typically) any mother would do... and I let her sleep snuggled in my arms til 7:00 when it was time to eat again! :) That little girl is my MIRACLE.
 
And you know how everyone always tells you that after your child is born your love for your husband only grows deeper? They are absolutely correct! When I watch Ethan with her.. when I see them interacting.. when I see him kiss her forehead.. and change her diaper, I get overwhelmed. I love him not only as my husband now, but also as the father of my child. He literally takes my breath away.
 
Here's another shot of our Tayler at 1 week old:
 


And our wide-eyed girl this morning! (Yes, her newborn sleepers are a tad bit too big for her still LOL)


 
She's now 6lbs 2oz. (an ounce below her birth weight!) We're almost there, hehe! We scheduled her next doctor's appointment, God answered our prayers and healed her jaundice...
 
We are just SO thankful for this little miracle we have in our lives! We prayed consistently for her during our pregnancy and we want to continue doing that through her entire life! She's our whole world--- and we wouldn't change a thing about it!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm so happy for you guys Alyssa. You can feel the love you have for Tayler & Ethan come through your blog. Being a mom is the most amazing thing IN the world and I am so glad you get to experience. :) I love ya! She is BEAUTIFUL! [Like we said she would be!!]

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...