Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 3

3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

There's one word I struggle to say. No, it isn't "love..", it's not "hate"... it's

NO.

This is the one word that seems to flee when I need it the most. I can't tell people "no." And that's unfortunate because it causes me to do exactly what this question is asking--- do so many things we don't like. I suppose if I say 'no' I feel selfish. (And lets be honest here-- no one likes a selfish person, right?)

Plus, I hate the look of disappointment on people's faces. I want them to like me. I have this terrible need for that. I really need to learn to be okay with uttering 'no' and going about my way with no feelings of guilt or judgment. It's just awful. If I say 'no' to someone, I go the whole day feeling sick to my stomach and struggling to regain their approval (as if I somehow lost it....)

I want to learn to say 'no.' I want to be okay with following what I WANT somedays and not doing what others want all the time. (And when I say what others want... I don't mean going out to eat where my hubby wants to somedays, etc. I'm talking about when people ask me over and over again to do favors and I want to take a nap, relax, do chores, etc.) I know that I give in all the time to doing things late at night so I don't disappoint E, but then I'm exhausted the next day because I stay up til midnight 'hanging out' all while Tayler has already had 2-3 hours of sleep... and then she's back up again at 12:30...

I have to learn that saying no is okay!! Thinking about yourself is okay sometimes! Life would be happier that way, wouldn't it??
 
 
If you're interested in reading anyone else's, here is some ladies I know that are also participating! :)

Emily
 Brittany
Taryn
Enjoy!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey I love your answer to number 3...i found that one so hard to write about. I knew what I wanted to say but didn't know how to lol. Anyways check out this lady that I follow in the blog world...she has a really cool posting called "embrace the camera" you should participate in it. Here is the link for her blog http://andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com/ Have a great week!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...