Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Full Day as MOM

 
Since Tayler was born, I haven't had a full day alone with her. Fortunately, Ethan had the week after she was born off and then my mom came and stayed the week after that, since Ethan had to go back to work. So, that meant yesterday, Monday, April 18th, was my first full day alone with Tayler (from 5AM to about 5PM)... I know that doesn't sound like a lot to you super moms out there, but I was really nervous. I wanted to still be that housewife/mommy that had the house cleaned, laundry done, and dinner on the table when Ethan came home from work AND still take care of Tayler...
 
And you all will be happy to know that it was a success! :)
 
During her first nap (about 9AM), I cleaned/sterilized her bottles, did the dishes, and cooked the bacon for the BLTs later. I figured that I could do it while she was asleep as opposed to hoping and praying she was napping when it was time to make dinner. :) I also got 2 loads of laundry done, scrubbed the bath rub, straightened up.. and Tayler and I had time to sit on the porch swing. She LOVES the outdoors... she was basking in the sunlight:
 


We enjoyed it! :)

Once we came inside, I made BLTs for dinner. Well, since Ethan doesn't like tomatos, I guess they were BLs haha! And we had salads with them. Nothing like some healthy eating, right?

And I had a little photoshoot with my sweetheart. Here are some pictures of our little lady:



Her daddy bought her that onesie-- he calls her "squirmy" so it fit perfectly, haha!

On another note-- have you ever heard about babies at about 2 weeks old getting extremely fussy in the evening? According to some information I was reading:

"Most babies have a fussy period in the evening. After a day of taking in the sights, sounds and physical handling he may dissolve into a good cry."

Tayler has seemed to become fussy in the evenings. It starts at about 6:30PM and doesn't end until she finally cries herself to sleep. I don't believe it's colic because she isn't inconsolable. She just needs comforted. If I'm holding her or swaddling her, she is alright. I have been praying for peace to compass her because she isn't typically a fussy baby. I hate seeing her like that :( Someone also mentioned that her fussiness right now could be because of a growth spurt which I suppose is possible.

If you are going through something similar, check out this link: http://www.bosombuddies.com/SupportPagesFolder/FussyBaby.html

It has helped us :)

All in all, it was a wonderful day! I am so in love with that little girl and I'm so thankful I have the privilege of being at home with her.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...