Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Date Night

Saturday, April 16th, Ethan and I went on our first date night. Since having Tayler, we haven't had a lot of alone time. Obviously, that's going to happen when you have a baby, hehe! :) We love spending time as a family. We love taking care of her and we love love love having her in our lives. But we also know that it's necessary to have some couple time as well. It makes for a good mommy or daddy (or so I'm told :)) I was a little nervous and unsure about the whole ordeal, but my parents encouraged us to go have some fun, so we decided to give it a try.
 
Fortunately, I knew Tayler was in great hands since my parents were coming up to baby sit her. So, Ethan and I got ready and we headed out for a great adventure, hehe!
 
Ethan asked me where I wanted to go eat and you know what my answer was?
 
WENDYS.
 
haha! Yes, a night out-- alone and I want Wendys! I wanted their fries soooooooo bad, haha! So, we went and enjoyed some hamburgers, fries, cheese sauce and YES-- for the first time in 10 months I had a pop other than Sprite: Dr. Pepper!
 
 


 
 
Then we went shopping! Ethan said I could get some new clothes (since you know, I just had a baby and all of my clothes are entirely too stretched out now haha!) So, first we went to Walmart, then we went to Kohls, then TJ Maxx, and then the mall! :) Of course, we bought Tayler a pair of newborn jeans while we were out ;) haha! She didn't have a newborn pair and NEEDED them. :)
 
We bought new shirts, I bought new capris, and we both bought new shorts :) I think we're getting pretty prepared for summer time! Now, I just need to lose this weight (and inches on my waist) so I can buy a few more pair of shorts! I'm NOT happy about the size I'm currently wearing and no, I don't want to talk about it, haha! :)
 
We missed our baby girl soooo much though! But it appears she had a great time with Papaw and Gigi!
 
Here's Papaw feeding Tayler-Bug:
 


And here's Tayler in her boppy pillow "talking" to Pap, hehe! Too cute!


Isn't it adorable how she's holding his finger? *sigh* I love it!

And here's Tayler and her Gigi!


And between you and me.... Papaw won't be babysitting alone ;) HAHA!!


Just kidding Papaw, LOL!! :)

All in all, we had a great night! It was fun to just go out and enjoy each other's company! I'd really missed my husband! :)

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...