Thursday, May 12, 2011

American Idol Recap

It's getting tough now. It's down to the final 4 and let me tell you-- they are all amazing! Of course, I have my favorites.... but I do enjoy listening to all of them. I think it's because they're all so different and unique. So, lets do a recap of last night, shall we?

James- Alright. Here's the deal. I dig James. He did an amazing job on "Don't Stop Believing" and really got the crowd motivated. As J-Lo said, "He set the bar..." BUT, I have to be honest-- he isn't my favorite. Maybe it's because we just saw Adam Lambert do the same things 2 seasons ago so it doesn't seem that "amazing" or "unique" to me? I'm not sure, but I will say this-- I'm hoping he goes home tonight. I'm probably getting my hopes up... but a girl can dream... right?

Scotty- Now Scotty is my American Idol. Lets just cut straight to the point here----- he is amazing. He can sing like no other.. he has great stage performance.. he's hilarious.. and he has morals. (Some might not think that matters, but in the music industry, I think that speaks volumes.) He cracked me up last night when he kissed his cross necklace after Lady Gaga told him to make love to the microphone, haha! He said, "Lord, this isn't my doing.." LOL Killed me! So, long story short (or not so short)... I hope to God Scotty goes through to the next round. He definitely deserves it!

Lauren- I love Lauren and she seemed to really come out of her shell last night (especially with that song about being "evil" haha!) I'm telling you, her and Scotty were KILLING me last night with their whole Southern Goodness thing that they had going with Lady Gaga, haha! But that last song Lauren did put her over the edge. She did phenomenal! 

Haley- As I always say, my husband is in love with Haley. Could be the tight leather pants that make him drool, I'm not sure, haha, but either way-- she does have a great voice. It's unique and that's what I love. I know I could turn on the radio, hear her singing a song, and could pin point that that's her (much like I can do with Maroon 5.) She did a great job last night on BOTH songs (despite what Randy and J-Lo said.) I'm going to be honest here-- I could CARE LESS if a song is a "hit-song"... who cares, right? I enjoy listening to her sing REGARDLESS. So let that go people! :)

After saying all of that, I will say this--
 
I hope James Durbin goes home, but my prediction is that Haley will go home tonight.
We shall see!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm rooting for Scotty!!

Alyssa said...

YAY!! Glad someone else is!!!

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...