Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Learning to Grocery Shop

Okay-- I don't mean literally... I just mean.. I'm learning to grocery shop--- SMART!

I have been reading a lot about couponing and about getting good deals at the store. I have been talking to people about what they do, how much their weekly bill is, etc. Friday-- I felt like I had a game plan. I was ready! I typically make a grocery list on Thursdays and clip coupons on Friday that center around the grocery list, but this week... I clipped coupons and then centered my grocery list around that! 

See-- when I say I clip coupons, I mean I clip coupons I NEED, NOT coupons that are going to get me 49 shampoos. Not that there's anything wrong with people who do that, but I don't have the space.. and I don't have the time to purchase that many of one item, haha! So, I clip coupons just to save money on my weekly grocery list. Period.

So, this week, I purchased things to make: 

green bean casserole
jambalaya
7 layer taco dip

(We have 5 meals a week, but I had a Digorno pizza in the fridge and we have tons of leftovers, so those were going to occupy 2 days! :))

I also purchased things to bake a cake for a friend's birthday, protein shakes for our breakfast in the morning, orange juice, milk, bananas, apples, and oranges.

And guess what our bill came to??

$52.10--- FOR A WHOLE WEEK OF GROCERIES!

I'm not sure what all of you readers spend a week or bi-weekly, but for us.. that was knocking at least $50.00 off our usual bill!!

I'm so proud :)



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...