Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day :)

It was my first Mother's Day, Sunday May 8th :) And it was a gorgeous day for it! 

I woke up in the morning to my sweet baby girl and my wonderful husband! He bought me things to garden with since my parents were buying me flowers for my first Mother's Day :) He bought me clippers, a shovel, gloves, a rake type deal, and a watering pail. He's such a sweetie!


And yes, they came in handy! We planted the GORGEOUS flowers my parents bought me! Ethan created 2 little garden areas next to our front steps (He got the rocks and mulch for free!) So, I planted 18 flowers in each of those sections and then planted 36 marigolds down our walk. And of course, we had to plant a little something in front of the trailer even though no one will really see it, haha! Here's a shot of our gorgeous house now. I LOVE it!


I never knew gardening and planting flowers could be so relaxing. And what was even more relaxing? Tayler started her fussy streak about 7:30PM and since it gets dark here at around 8:30PM, I was in a hurry to get it finished. Well, Ethan took Tayler inside and sat with her while she screamed, so I could work outside and finish things up. That might not sound like a lot to some of you, but I'm usually alone with Tay every single night... I battle through this 'colic' (if that's what you want to call it..) every evening and I'm typically alone. And ever since I've had Tayler and started dedicating all of my time to her, I felt like I no longer had anything that was 'mine.' I used to scrapbook, but just haven't been able to sit down and do that in awhile... and it meant the WORLD to me that he took her inside and tried to calm her down and keep her occupied while I just sat outside on our gorgeous day and plant flowers. I love my daughter, but it was sooo nice to have some alone time.. and do something just for myself, you know?

We visited with Ethan's mom earlier in the morning on Mother's Day and then we headed into the city to meet my mom and brother for lunch. And of course, we had a little photo session! I got a picture with my momma and daughter... my brother and I got a picture with my momma.. and I got a picture with my little family :)


We gave our mommas pictures of Tayler, Ethan, and myself and they loved them! It wasn't much, but we thought it was pretty special, hehe!

We had a pretty awesome day! Everyone made my FIRST Mother's Day spectacular! :)

Including the reason I'm a MOMMY....


Hope all of you mommies out there had a GREAT day!




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...