Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project 366: Day 19 [March 6th]

I woke up this morning and realized the date was MARCH 6TH... guess what that means??

It's my BIRTHDAY!! :) That's right.. I turned a whopping 25 years old today. Crazy, right? I laid in bed talking to Ethan the night before about how I still remembered my 16th birthday.. my 18th birthday. I really remember my 18th birthday. I was a Senior in High School and I vividly remember sitting in a computer room and thinking, "Holy cow. I can do anything I want and no one can tell me otherwise." Some might think that's how ALL teenagers think, but I honestly wasn't thinking that way because I wanted to rebel. I wanted to good, but it scared me that I could make bad decisions and my parents couldn't just 'fix' it by telling me what to do. Does that make sense? It was a huge reality check for me...

And well, here I am... 7 years later. Married, with a baby, through 6 years of college with a Master's Degree, and we own our own house. God has certainly been good to me, I can say that much!! :) I had much to be thankful for this year-- including my first birthday ever spending it with my sweet daughter. I was 36 weeks pregnant with her last year during this time. It's wonderful to actually be holding her this year :)

Ethan told me he was leaving from home today for work (he does service work on pop machines in different areas.) So, I heard him leave at 730AM.. only to hear him coming back up the stairs at almost 8AM with BREAKFAST! He got me sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, and orange juice... and he had the day off of work! That sneaky little devil! It was a WONDERFUL surprise!! :) I love days off with him! I didn't take a picture of that.. I wasn't functioning too well at 8AM haha! But after that, we got ready and we went to look at a truck for Ethan and he stopped and got me a doughnut and a coffee from Tim Hortons. We decided that it was my birthday and calories did not count ;)


Then we made a pit stop by Papaw's work so he could see Tayler for a little bit! She loves her Papaw and loves his work :)


After that,  we came home and had cuddle time. Ethan was finishing putting the door in upstairs with Bobby, so Tayler took a much needed nap on Momma while I caught up on some shows on the DVR. Ethan said I could not do any house work today even though the laundry needed done, haha, so I was lazzzy! :)


I don't think my day could have gotten any better after that point ;) I adore her cuddles!

She eventually woke up and I made me some 'lunch.' It was really just kind of a 'snack' so I would be really hungry for dinner! At the store on Friday, I bought my favorite spaghetti sauce-- Hunt's Spicy and Zesty. AMAZING. So, I warmed it up and got a bun and spread butter and garlic on it and toasted it in the oven for about 5 minutes. It was perfect and tasted amazing!


Like my socks? :) they're my favorite!

Ethan and I watched 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'The Lying Game.' We missed out on it Monday night, so today seemed like the perfect time to catch up! As for Pretty Little Liars, I am sooo ready to know who 'A' is. I'm wondering if I am going to be completely shocked.. or if it's something I've known all along! Plus, where was Ally before she met up with her friends that day she came back from Hilton Head? Hmm! And 'The Lying Game' was full of surprises last night too! That ending was incredible.. didn't you think so?? :)

Then, we got ready and went to the mall. We were going to have dinner there, but we wanted to go early so Tayler could play at the play place. She LOVES it there!! She was having a blast :)



She loves kids. She kept hugging one little boy. But we ended up taking her out of there. Even though she can walk, she's just not big enough to roll with some of those children. They kept knocking her over.. it was sad :( The one little boy was being so mean to her. I heard his dad say, "You're being mean to her on purpose" and the little boy said, "Yep!" Literally broke my heart. Ethan and I were talking about how we were going to let her go to school. She has such a sweet heart and is such a kind person. I don't want her to ever let any mean bully take that away from her. 

Papaw and Gigi arrived and we took her to play on the toys that take coins. The helicopter was a bit much at first, haha! She was getting thrown everywhere, but she soon figured out that she had to hold on :)



She was having a blast and pitched a fit when we took her out, haha! So, we put her in the airplane next and Daddy took a few pictures of her :) She was absolutely loving it! We are definitely going to have to take her back!


Then we went and shopped for a little bit while we waited til 6pm-- our scheduled eating time (and I was sooo ready, haha! I was starving!) But Ethan and I went to Rue21 while Mom and Dad walked around with Tayler! Ethan bought me 4 new shirts and some perfume.


The t-shirts have quotes on them that I ALWAYS say, haha! 'Fo Sho' and 'Mo' Money, Mo' Problems!" I HAD to get them. Plus, I only have like 2 t-shirts to my name. Sometimes it's nice to just lounge in those with some jeans! Then he bought me 2 tank tops... the blue one in the picture and a pink one just like it that I am currently wearing ;) Oops! And that perfume is called 'Etc.' and let me tell you... it smells amazing! I am ready to get ready for the day already just so I can wear it!! :) Thanks Ethan! 

While we were shopping, Dad and Mom had Tayler out on the massage chairs and Mom took some pictures of her. She is just too cute for words! I think they were having a blast with her :)


THEN. It was eating time! We went to....


I was so excited! We got an appetizer... the triple combo. It had chicken quesadillas (that Tayler thoroughly enjoyed), mozzarella sticks, and potato skins! :) I think Tayler liked the sour cream more than anything, haha! I ordered the Chicken Tender basket with fries and it came with Buffalo Sauce. It was tasty! And I got a strawberry margarita! 


Hey, I was the birthday girl and I wasn't driving home, hehe! They let me do it! :) And it tasted AMAZING as always!! :)

Brittany and Natalie came with us and Brittany bought me a present... a 'Birthday Diva' hat that she made me wear... even when the entire restaurant sang to me. They're all brats for even telling them!


But it looked cute, huh? :)

And here's a few pictures of everyone that went with us. Of course, my sweet hubby and Tayler were there. And Papaw and Gigi came along with Britt and Natalie:



I love those guys and I am so grateful to have them in my life! :)

After everyone sang, they brought me out a dessert.. .ice cream with a whipped topping. Ethan, of course, ate the cherry off of the top like he always does and then Tayler and I split the ice cream. She LOVED it, obviously, haha!


She was just a mess, but it was SO cute :) I can't wait to see her doing this in 3 weeks on her 1st birthday!! It's quickly approaching!

We had a great time at Garfields! We came home and I wanted to get a few pictures of our mud room. If you've been to our house recently, you'll know it was a mess! We were basically using it as storage, but we got it all cleaned out and decorations put up and I love the 'softness' I feel with it now. I just want to curl up with a book on the floor and enjoy it!




I just love it! It does have our cleaning supplies hangin' there, haha, but we are moving those to the top of the basement stairs as soon as my husband gets something built for it! But other than that, I really do love it! I love the decorations, I love the curtains, and I love the 'feeling' that it gives. Ethan and I just stood there for the longest time looking at it. I know that sounds silly, but it just feels 'cozy.' Plus, we looked at a mess there long enough. It was nice to see something look 'peaceful.' :)

Today was just a wonderful day! I had a great 25th birthday! Thanks to everyone that made me feel special!

And now, for our lesson and prayer today! 

Lesson #9

Ask his opinion on some issue related to his expertise or interests. Phillipians 2:4 says, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." If he is a political junkie, ask a political question. If he is a sports enthusiast, ask a sports question. Ask a question in an area that interests him. You are also letting him know that you respect his insights.

If you can get him to really get excited & you have several questions prepared, look out. He will be more than happy to talk about his interests with you. Go for it!
 And the prayer for today is:

Pray that your husband handle finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)
The scriptures that go along with this prayer are as follows:
Proverbs 23:4-5 (The Message) Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich;
   restrain yourself! Riches disappear in the blink of an eye;
   wealth sprouts wings  and flies off into the wild blue yonder.   
Romans 12:11-13 (The Message)  Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. 
Hebrews 13:5-6 (The Message)  Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help;
   I'm fearless no matter what.  Who or what can get to me? 
Dear Jesus, thank You for a husband that works hard like he does! I have been blessed beyond what I ever thought was possible. He works hard so that I can have the privilege of being a stay at home mommy. Please help both of us be wise with our money. Let us know how to budget and not spend our money on things that we do not need or have use of. Give us peace in our finances and let us trust you if we are going through a hard time. Thank You so much for giving us the blessings that you have and help us create a wonderful life for Tayler and our future children. In Your name, Amen!
God bless you all
and cheers to Project 366!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...