Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Project 366: Day 18 [March 5th]

I woke up this morning, came down stairs, grabbed a cup of coffee, and I heard a knock at the door. I thought to myself, "It's 8AM... who could that be??" I walked to the door and saw the UPS truck. I immediately said out loud, "OH MY WORD. SOMEONE SENT ME A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!" I ran to the door, opened up the box, and guess what? It was the Scentsy shirt I bought myself last week that I forgot about.... talk about feeling awkward... and no one was even around, haha!! But here's the adorable shirt that I bought to promote my Scentsy business! :)


I can't wait to wear it :)

Tayler and I spent the morning watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Yo Gabba Gabba, then we got dressed. And I have to say that I think Tayler's outfit today was absolutely adorable!! Hot pink and leopard. Perfect match!


She is too cute for words.

After that, I got ready to paint some more in her play room. I wanted to add more color to it and a little bit of somethin' else. I ended up painting a ruler on her wall that says "Watch Me Grow." I'm going to try and measure her like every 6 months or so and put that on there if there is a change! I put a few hand prints on the wall as well... I want to add more, but I ran out of paint, haha!


And we added white curtains. They aren't anything colorful yet, but I think the white looks better than the leopard, haha! :) The leopard are now hanging in our mud room. I forgot to take pictures, but I will eventually. You all know me!

And how cute is this? Her lap top is set up on her table like Mommy and Daddy's hehe! She loves that thing! Thank you Papaw and Gigi :)

And just another shot of her room :) Not perfect, but she loves it in there! We played on her slide like all night last night! She is in there 24/7 haha!

After painting, I got ready to cook some dinner! Tonight we were having Philly Cheese Steaks and Fries. 

What you need is: A pound of steak (I used the kind for stir fry), peppers/onions (I used a green pepper, onion, and serrano pepper to add some spice), buns, cheese (I used Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese), and lettuce. 

I got 2 skillets and put butter in each and turned them on about a 4. The smaller skillet I used to toast the buns. The larger skillet was used for the steak. I threw the steak in the skillet, browned it, and chopped it up. I then added the onions and peppers to the mixture with a little black pepper and garlic.


 Then I heated up the cheese...



And I toasted the buns... :)

I used these kind! They were pretty cheap and had the shape I wanted! :)

And here was our final product. Nothing special or fancy, but boy did they taste yummy! That cheese sauce does something for them!



After that, my husband decided to put a hole in our wall.... he made me so nervous, haha! I come walking down the stairs and he's carrying a chain saw. I said WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? And he said, "Oh, I'm going to put that door in upstairs." See.. we are making our bedroom into two rooms. We have a HUGE bedroom and wanted Tayler to have her own room now. (Yes, we took our other room and made it a play room, haha, but it's down stairs and I wouldn't let her stay down here without me. I'm weird like that, haha!) :) But it's coming along nicely. I'll post pictures once it's all done!!

Tayler got a bath and brushed her teeth. I think she's so cute when she's doing this!


And guess what?

We had cartoons on for Tayler and she walked over to the TV stand, fell... and busted her lip on it :( It was her first major boo where there was a lot of blood! Needless to say, we had to change her jammies. But Mommy got Tayler a fudgesicle and all was better in the world!


But still... poor baby! It broke my heart! :(

But we had a great day today!

And now for our lesson and prayer:

Lesson # 8

Relay a compliment about him. Reflect over the last few weeks. Did someone say something positive about him & honoring to you about your husband? Build him up (1 Thessalonians 5:11 says, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.") Say, "I forgot to tell you, but so and so said this about you....."

And the prayer for today is:

Pray that your husband will work hard to provide for your family, to the best of his ability. Pray that the character qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character—persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, positive relationships with people, determination, etc. (Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 15:58)

The Bible verses that go along with this prayer are as follows:

Romans 12:11-13 (The Message)   Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. 

1 Corinthians 15:58 (The Message) With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort. 

God bless you all today

and cheers to Project 366!













Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...