Monday, March 5, 2012

Project 366: Day 17 [March 4th]

Tayler and I woke up this morning as Daddy was working on some things for the house. We have some new home improvements going on, but we will share more about that at a later date (meaning, we will share that once it is finished, haha!) Then Daddy went to play baseball (yes, in the snow again! Mommy and Tayler said no way!! haha!) So, we got a phone call from Papaw and Gigi and they asked if we wanted to go to Cracker Barrel with them, Grandma C, Grandpa C, Hank, Penni, and their girls. We said, "Of course we do!" So, they picked us up and we went along our way! And wouldn't you know it.... Tayler fell asleep on Papaw! haha! Anytime we go anywhere, I swear she falls asleep, haha!


Her little hands are so precious, hehe! Papaw held her like that almost the entire meal. I felt bad, but he always says "I want to hold her, Alyssa!" so I don't push him, haha! I had sugar cured ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans with biscuits. It was yummy! I felt bad eating there though because Ethan has never been there and I knew he would be jealous, haha! But hey-- he's the one that picked softball, right? ;)

Tayler finally woke up and she got some cuddle and play time with her Gigi in!



She is so gorgeous :) I just love her! She kept 'talking' and 'tickling' Hank and Penni's daughter Erika, hehe! She was having so much fun!

We walked around the little store they had in there and I behaved! They had SO many cute little girl dresses and shoes, but I ordered EVERYTHING for Tayler's birthday party this morning..... so I knew I had to be good!! Once we got outside, Tayler was all bundled up and hung out with Papaw. I think he might just be smitten by her..



And she loves him a lot too!

It was freezing out there today! Amazing how on Tuesday we took Tayler out without a huge jacket... and today, she had a hat and bulky winter coat with sweats, haha! So when we got home, we took off all of that bulk and watched some cartoons :)

And let me tell you-- this girl is absolutely adorable anymore. I've been sitting her up on the couch with me lately because she knows how to get on and off by herself (well, usually. We've had a few tragic moments here and there, but for the most part, she can do it, haha!) But, she does like 'adult' things... if that makes any sense :) You'll see what I mean by these pictures...





Laying down. Sitting up with Foofa. Sitting up like a big girl with Foofa. Laying back, chilling with Foofa. Doesn't she just look so big?? And Foofa is her absolute favorite! She loves her some Yo Gabba Gabba! Anyone else's kids adore that show?? She does!

And we had to laugh. She wanted a bottle, so I went out to the kitchen to get her one... and this is what we saw coming towards us.


We started giggling... she was coming for us! Since she's learned she can walk, she goes everywhere that way...


But sometimes, it must not be quick enough for her... so she goes to a crawl and huffs and puffs til she gets to us, haha!


Then she got distracted. See her pointing to the lady bug for Mommy to see? LOL We have a really old house and lady bugs are everywhere! I am constantly picking them up because if I don't, Tayler will put them in her mouth and let me tell you-- a lady bug chewed up... stinks! I don't know why she does that, haha!

Later on in the afternoon, we decided that we wanted something to do, so we decided to clean out our guest bedroom and make it a play room for Tayler! 

This is what it looked like when we moved in:



And then after we added some furniture, it looked like this:





And Tayler's playroom NOW:







We aren't going to keep the 'leopard' curtains up right now, haha! I want to try and get 'Yo Gabba Gabba' curtains or 'Crayon' curtains! And we want to work with the rest of the room. I'm not sure what I am going to do right now. I'll admit, the alphabet I drew isn't perfect, but I made it with love for Tayler. I wanted to be able to tell her "I did that for you!" :) I love it! And she loves it! And her toys aren't all over the living room now, hehe! :) It's perfect!

And Ethan fixed up the mudroom. That's where a lot of her big toys were, but now he put our desk in there with my books, his guitars, and he hung up all of our cleaning supplies. It looks great! We are going to hang the Paris stuff up as well ;)


Good job, babe! We had a great day today! At the end of the night, we cuddled up with 'Once Upon a Time.' It's one of our favorites and it just keeps getting better! :) I love seeing where all of the fairy tale characters come from.

And now, for our lesson and our prayer today!

Lesson #7

Leave a note for your husband that says, "Thank you for wanting to work hard for our family. Your desire & commitment makes me feel secure". Words are healing. Proverbs 16:24 says, "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

Hang in there. You are halfway through! Keep an open heart toward God. Let God act on your behalf in response to these plans. Proverbs 16:9 says, "The mind of a man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps".

And the prayer that goes along with this today is:

Pray that your husband will safeguard his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex. Pray that his heart will be pure and undivided in his commitment to you. (Prov. 6:23-24, 26; Rom. 13:14)

And the scriptures that go along with this prayer today are as follows:

Proverbs 6:20-35 (The Message) Good friend, follow your father's good advice; don't wander off from your mother's teachings. Wrap yourself in them from head to foot;
   wear them like a scarf around your neck. Wherever you walk, they'll guide you;
   whenever you rest, they'll guard you; when you wake up, they'll tell you what's next.
For sound advice is a beacon, good teaching is a light, moral discipline is a life path.
They'll protect you from wanton women,  from the seductive talk of some temptress.
Don't lustfully fantasize on her beauty, nor be taken in by her bedroom eyes.
You can buy an hour with a whore for a loaf of bread, but a wanton woman may well eat you alive. Can you build a fire in your lap  and not burn your pants? Can you walk barefoot on hot coals  and not get blisters? It's the same when you have sex with your neighbor's wife:
   Touch her and you'll pay for it. No excuses. Hunger is no excuse  for a thief to steal;
When he's caught he has to pay it back,  even if he has to put his whole house in hock.
Adultery is a brainless act, soul-destroying, self-destructive; Expect a bloody nose, a black eye,  and a reputation ruined for good. For jealousy detonates rage in a cheated husband;
   wild for revenge, he won't make allowances. Nothing you say or pay will make it all right;
   neither bribes nor reason will satisfy him. 

Romans 13:14 (The Message) Get out of bed and get dressed! Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about! 

How is this going for each of you? Hopefully good! I find myself looking forward to the next lesson each day. I feel like it is bringing my husband and I closer together. We have never really been a 'distant' couple, but prayer can never hurt a relationship, only strengthen it even more! I love making him smile and know that he is appreciated! He gives me a life some women only dream about---the gift of being a stay at home mother. I love it more than you could ever imagine!! And fortunately, after reading the prayer today, I can only pray that my husband continues to follow in this foot steps. I trust him with my whole heart and I know that he would never do anything such as cheating because he knows it would hurt me and I know he would never do that. But I know that temptation can always be lurking around the corner and I want him to be protected from that!

Dear Jesus, please bless my husband today. I am so thankful that You gave him to me. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I sure appreciate You blessing me with him! Lord, I just pray that you always protect him when he is out in this world whether it is at work, out with his friends, or anything else. Protect his heart and his body from the lusts of this world. If a woman speaks inappropriately to him, guard his heart and his mind from acting on it. I know temptation can be there when he isn't expecting it. Also Lord, please bless the women of this world. Let them know that when a man is married, he is married. Let them be upstanding women and respectful women of that man's wife. Also, guard my heart from ever acting on temptation as well. Let us know that our love can overcome anything and that Your strength is greater than any temptation we might face! Thank You for all that You do for us Lord! In Your name, Amen!

God bless you all

and cheers to Project 366!





Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...