Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project 366: Day 25 [March 12th]


You know how the weekends are right? You don't do anything around the house... or is that just me? haha! Seriously-- Ethan is home all weekend and I just detest doing housework when he's here. So, I neglect the dishes... the laundry... the bottles. It's a bit ridiculous, but hey, it works for us. That is until Monday rolls around! Then I had mounds of laundry to get through and a pile of dishes I couldn't see over. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you believed it, right? ;) So, I said all of that to say that I spent all morning getting caught up!

And honestly, that must have worn Tayler out...


Poor baby. But isn't she just the most adorable thing ever when she sleeps? :) I just love her!

While I was cleaning and doing all of that fun stuff, I decided to throw dinner in the crockpot. I got this recipe from here. It's called 'Crock Pot Peperocini Beef Sandwiches.' It is really simple. Just purchase 1-2 lbs of beef chuck roast and a jar of peperocini peppers. Dump all of that into your crock pot and cook on high. She cooked hers on high for 8 hours, but mine was falling a part after about 6. It shredded so wonderfully! I absolutely loved getting this prepared for Ethan. 


She used pepperjack cheese over her steak hoagies. I bought the Fiesta Nacho Cheese because it is our absolute favorite! And I purchased Italian style buns!


And this was the final product. I served ours with french fries and the cheese sauce on the side!



Ethan absolutely ADORED it. I'm sure he'll eat the entire thing, haha! I on the other hand was not a huge fan of the peppers. I think if I hadn't included those, I would have enjoyed it more. I'm just not a 'pepper' fan, but I will say it smelled amazing! It was a wonderful dinner. Ethan ate 2 sandwiches, haha and wanted to take more to work with him. I'd say it was a hit! :) 

After that, we took Tayler outside for a little bit. It was just in our front yard because it had been a rainy day and we didn't want to get caught at the park in that, but she still had a blast! Here's a picture of her and her Daddy singing:


I am such a blessed woman. These two people are my entire world! :) Aren't they the cutest together?? ;) 

We came inside, Ethan worked out with his new exercise buddy (hence my FB status update last night: Dear Lord, Thank You for sending Ethan an exercise buddy so it doesn't have to be me... Amen ;)) Tayler got bathed and ready for bed and I cooked some Banana Nut bread. Ethan came upstairs from his 'exercise room' as I was looking the spoon and he said, 'What the heck is this? I downstairs working my butt off to lose weight and you look perfect sitting there licking that spoon...' haha! He just knows how to make me laugh! But the Banana Nut bread tasted amazing! 


That's my favorite 'dessert' I think ;)

After everyone else got ready for bed, we cuddled up on the couch for two of our favorite TV shows:



Pretty Little Liars and Awake. Have any of you been keeping up with these?? Oh my, we have and it's so addicting! Alright, so first of all-- Pretty Little Liars. I am SO anxious to find out who 'A' is it is absolutely ridiculous! I know that everything seemed to work out that it would be Melissa being 'A' but I think that's too simple. When that young boy said it was a couple, I thought it could be her and Garrett. Then I thought it could be her and her dad. But what if it's Spencer's Mom and Dad? It's so confusing! Also, how about Jenna?? SHE CAN SEE! That really shocked me. I'm just so confused right now and ready to know what's going on, haha!

And as for Awake. How amazing is this new show? It's only in the 2nd episode, but Ethan and I are both very intrigued. It's a mind-bender and we enjoy that kind of stuff. One thing that really hit me at the end of this episode was the fact that the Police chief meets up with a man that I believe we have not seen before. She questions him about how he set up the accident and took away Mike's family..... that makes me ponder the question... Are they both dead and when he dreams, he sees them and they are helping him piece together what exactly happened during the accident? GAH! Confusing!

What are your thoughts?

And now for our prayer today since the lessons are over! :)

Pray that your husband will choose his friends wisely. Pray that God will bring him men who will encourage his accountability before God, and will not lead him into sin. (Prov. 13:20; Prov. 27:17)
(Source)

And the Bible verses that go along with this are as follows:

Proverbs 13:20 (The Message) Become wise by walking with the wise;
   hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces. 

Proverbs 27:17 (The Message) You use steel to sharpen steel,
   and one friend sharpens another. 

Dear Jesus, thank You for Ethan. Please continue to bless him with friends that will help his being, not tear it down. He has such a sweet heart and is such a kind individual. Bring him friends that will appreciate that. Help him have friends that encourage him to be like You. He is a good man and deserves to have other men in his life that help him. Thank You for Your blessings! We love You! Amen!

God bless you all

and on a side note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DADDY TODAY!!!! 

and cheers to Project 366!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...