Saturday, March 24, 2012

Project 366: Day 36 [March 23rd]


Do I even have to tell y'all what today was?

It's Friday. I'll give you three guesses.

Nope, my birthday was March 6th.

Nope, Tayler's birthday is close, but not today.

YES. It was CLEANING DAY. That's my Friday morning ritual. Hopefully y'all are picking up on that by now, but if not, I'll certainly let it slide ;)

You know, it gets more and more difficult to clean with a toddler following after you and getting into everything that you have just put away or cleaned. I tried to keep her in her play room, haha, but that didn't work either! And then she ended up coming in behind me and falling on the freshly mopped floors. Yes, talk about stressful, haha! But we FINALLY got things finished. Don't you adore a fresh, clean house? Me too!

So, here's a few pictures of our clean, clean, clean home:




That was our front entryway, our kitchen, and our living room.

Do you have a cleaning schedule? I know a few women that clean a different room each day. I know a few women that do like I do and clean everything on one certain day. That's how my momma used to do it and I guess I just followed in her footsteps. What are your thoughts on your cleaning schedule?

After that, we got really lucky because Daddy brought our porch swing up from a storage unit FINALLY!! :) We have been dying to get that up here since the weather turned nice and Ethan finally had time to get it. So, of course, we spent like an hour or two just a'swinging. It's so peaceful doing that :)




Gah. Didn't Tayler look absolutely adorable today? I just love that dress on her and that one piggy tail. She is just far too cute for her own good, gosh darn it ;)

Then, we all went grocery shopping. The fridge was BARE as BARE can get haha! It was definitely needed! We met Gigi there and got everything done that we needed to get done. And while in the check out, we both decided we were craving PIZZA. So, we called and ordered Pizza Hut and picked it up on the way home! Isn't that the neatest invention? Calling from a cell phone and ordering it to-go! Wonderful! We got pepperoni, bacon, and jalapenos on ours. Mmm! That's my favorite! What's your go-to pizza?

And once we got home, we snacked, then Ethan went to work out with his friend and I got Tayler all ready for bed! She LOVES bath time, haha! :) We always try and make that moment a 'God Moment' as weird as that might sound. I want to start some kind of tradition with her revolving around Jesus and how absolutely AMAZING He is to us, so I usually turn on some worship music while we are in there and just sing with it :) It's a wonderful Mommy-Daughter moment and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

This is Tayler after bath time in her big girl Dora peejays watching 'Yo Gabba Gabba.'


She just loves that show. Anyone else's kiddos adore it?

And after that, we sadly had to turn off 'Yo Gabba Gabba' and flip on 'Sweet Home Alabama.' We were so anxious to see who Paige was going to pick tonight!


And I have to say that I was disappointed. I honestly don't know Paige's heart, but mercy-- I liked Bubba A LOT better than Jeremiah. Jeremiah would NEVER tell Paige how he felt and that drove me crazy. To me, he always seemed like this crazy, psycho person that would go insane if she were even talking to another guy. I don't know. Like I said, I don't know her heart, but goodness... that was a terrible ending for Ethan and me!!

So anyways..

Now for the prayer today.

Pray that your husband will discover and live his God-given purpose. Pray that he will offer all his dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
(Source)

And the Bible verses that go along with it are as follows:

Jeremiah 29:10-11 (The Message) This is God's Word on the subject: "As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33 (The Message) So eat your meals heartily, not worrying about what others say about you—you're eating to God's glory, after all, not to please them. As a matter of fact, do everything that way, heartily and freely to God's glory. At the same time, don't be callous in your exercise of freedom, thoughtlessly stepping on the toes of those who aren't as free as you are. I try my best to be considerate of everyone's feelings in all these matters; I hope you will be, too. 

Dear Jesus, thank You for Ethan! Thank You for giving me such a sweet and kind husband. Help him to follow after his goals, in You. I know You can do exceeding and abundantly above anything we could ask. Bless him in every way possible! We love You! In Your name, Amen!

God bless you all

and cheers to Project 366!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't typically participate in these tag games but I was tagged and figured why not? If you don't do these when tagged please don't feel obligated to do so but if you do I look forward to reading your answers (:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...