Monday, April 2, 2012

Project 366: Day 45 [April 1st]

Good morning sweet bloggers! Hope you are all having a great day thus far today! :)

When we woke up this morning, I swear.. we were in complete relaxation mode. It has been such a busy past couple of weeks.. so today, we had nothing to do until later.. and we took advantage of it! :) 

Then I made some strombolis! I was so excited to try this at home. I used to work at a pizza joint and making these were part of my job. We had three selections: meatball, all the way, and pepperoni. Today, we had something similar to the 'all the way.' :) It was pizza dough stuffed with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperonis, and ham. AFTER I finished the stromboli, I remembered I bought jalapenos and onions to put in them, but oh well, haha! Here's the starting process for the stromboli:


I purchased Pepe's Bakery Pizza Dough. It's in the frozen food section at Walmart. I also purchased Great Value Pizza sauce (it was $1).. Sugardale Pepperonis (my favorite!), a little thing of Buddig Honey Ham, and some Great Value Mozzarella Cheese! :) A pretty cheap meal when you're splitting it!

Start off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and grease a pan! Then start on your stromboli :)

This is what it looks like when you spread the dough out, layer it with pizza sauce, pepperonis, ham, and cheese:


And then you fold it up from side to side..


Like so! :)

Flip it over and put it on your pan. I made about 7 cuts diagonally down the stromboli:


It doesn't look perfect, but it works and does the job :)

I put mine in the oven at 400 degrees for 17 minutes. It was nice and crispy when it came out! (Oh, and I covered it in pepper! I love me some spice!) You could also lather it in garlic butter if you'd like! 

We cut ours in half and served it on our plates with sides of pizza sauce and ranch dressing:


I need to do a better job laying out the dough next time, but I didn't have a rolling pin (mental note that I need to purchase one!) But hey-- it tasted good and that's all that matters right?? haha! :) Hope you all enjoy yours!

After awhile, we decided it was probably time to go to Ethan's softball game. He and a bunch of his friends started up a team together and they are doing really well.. especially for it being their first year playing as a team. A lot of the guys out there have been playing together for years, so I think it's quite an accomplishment that they are doing as well as they are :)

On the way there, we made a pit stop at Rite-Aid and guess what Ethan brought out for me?? A chair :) I always have to ask my mom to bring a chair for me, but Ethan purchased one for me. How sweet was that?? :) Here's a shot of me outside of the store. I posted this on the FB with the caption 'I love that his last name is on the back of my shirt!'


And I finally brought my camera to the ball field with me. I've been wanting to, but I've been really nervous to... but I said heck and risked it, haha! I think I got some good shots. Not really of the ball players ON the field, haha, but of them hanging out and of course, of my kid! ;) She's always getting pictures taken LOL

Here are a few that I took today:





And see that new logo?? 

I started my own 'Photography' page. This was my disclaimer:

Hello all! Just wanted to leave a little note here! I don't claim to be a professional, but I do claim to be someone that is learning! :) I have always had a passion for photography since I started my Project 365 in December 2009. I love capturing moments. I love remembering wonderful times. And I'd love to do that for others. I'm looking to schedule some FREE sessions for individuals so that I can learn more about my camera, about taking pictures, about editing, etc. I want to practice as much as possible. If you are interested in this, please let me know! :) We can schedule a time and a place! :) Thank you for helping me keep my passion alive. I love each and every one of you ♥


http://www.facebook.com/bayphotography1

Come check it out! :)

Hope you all had a fabulous day!

Cheers to Project 366!!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...