Wednesday, November 28, 2012

17 Weeks Pregnant!

We are 17 weeks pregnant today, folks! According to my nifty 'What to Expect' App, baby girl Sawyer is the size of a sweet potato this week :) She is measuring in at approximately 5.5" long and 5oz. I'm going to venture to say she's probably a bit longer than that considering 3 weeks ago she was already 5" but who knows! :) We will find out soon more accurate measurements.. but more about that later! :)

Alright, now for a belly picture!


I honestly felt Sawyer EXTREMELY well for the first time this week :) It was amazing! It just feels like these little pokes, but oh my word, it's wonderful. Feeling Tayler kick and move was my favorite part of pregnancy and I am so thankful I get to do this all over again. I have been thinking about pregnancy a lot the past few days. There are certain parts of it that I absolutely dread (getting my blood drawn, cervix checks, reduction of my coffee intake, watching what I eat... haha) but do you know how many women out there probably wish they could have that experience? I know there are so many women out there that would love to take the good with the bad... and be pregnant... and have a little one. I am so thankful that God has blessed my husband and I with bodies that can create children. That He designed my body to be able to carry children. I know I am SO blessed.... even in the midst of the stuff that I don't exactly look forward to. Because I DO get to look forward to the kicks, the pokes, holding them, cuddling them. Thank You Jesus for that blessing and please allow me to always see it as such!

And speaking of things I dread LOL.. I am STILL nauseous every morning LOL!! I don't know what it is with my girls, but they don't like me having smooth mornings, haha!! I threw up with Tayler until the very end. Now, I don't always vomit in the mornings with Sawyer, but I am still extremely nauseous every time I open my eyes in the morning, LOL :) God love them! I just know it's a nice little sign when I can't feel her that she's just letting me know all is well :) 

On another note, we had our 16/17 week doctor appointment yesterday. Thankfully it was a routine appointment-- weight, blood pressure, and hearing that sweet heartbeat!! :) Doctor Wehrum said everything looks and sounds healthy-- and we scheduled our gender scan for December 13th. We went to Ultrasona and found out early that we are having another girl, but it will be still be nice to reconfirm that through another ultrasound and see how our sweet little one is growing!! :) 

Okay, now for the questions I'm sure you have all been waiting on ;) HAHA!

How far along? 17 weeks
Total Weight Gain?  As of yesterday, I have gained 6.2 pounds. My doctor said that is wonderful and I'm doing excellent! Lets hope I can keep up this weight gain. I thought it was going to be terrible when I went in there yesterday, haha!
Maternity Clothes? I am wearing some now. The shirts are a bit comfier ;) 
Stretch Marks? As I said last time, I'm not really sure? I had some with Tayler, but I don't see any new ones. I lather my belly in cocoa butter in hopes it will help this time!
Sleep? Alright! I have had sinus headaches the past few days and they are making sleep rough! :(
Best Moment of This Week:  Feeling Sawyer and hearing her heartbeat!!
Miss Anything?  COFFEE. I don't typically indulge in it being pregnant... maybe a cup here or there, but I miss having my like 6 or 7 cups a day. OOPS. That's bad, right? haha!
Movement? Feeling some pokes here and there! Usually when I'm laying down or something cold is on my tummy :)
Food Cravings? Japanese Steakhouse. Still haven't fixed that craving yet. Too dang expensive, haha!
Anything Make You Queasy/Sick? Dirty dishes. Poopy diapers. The smell of pee-pee.
Gender: GIRL!! :) Our Sawyer Kellylynn.
Labor Signs? No way! Thank God!
Symptoms: Nausea. Peeing a lot. Sore boobies!
elly Button In or Out? She's an innie!
Weddings Rings On Or Off? On for now! :)
Happy or Moody this week? Very happy! :)
Looking Forward To:  CHRISTMAS!!!

Happy 17 weeks... on to 18 weeks! :)



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...