Monday, November 12, 2012

We Are Having A..........................

Yesterday was

ULTRASOUND DAY!!

That's right, folks.

My brother got married on Saturday in Dublin. It was a gorgeous wedding. I am so thankful that I have a new sister-in-law :) We had SO much fun. I think we were all worn out every night we were there from all of the activities, haha! :) 

And we figured since we were already up near Columbus, we would just schedule an ultrasound at Ultrasona so we could find out 'who' the baby was early! I know.. I know.. most people wait until like 18-20 weeks, but you must not know about me. I don't have patience, haha! :) 

I almost HAD to have patience though! 

We got there and headed back to the ultrasound room. My mom, dad, brother Brad, Tayler, and Ethan were with me. Everyone got settled on the couch and the ultrasound technician started looking at the baby. We got some great shots of the baby. They were moving around like crazy though. It was hilarious. 


He/she had their hands up by their ears in this one :)  Adorable!

The ultrasound technician did some measurements because the baby wasn't really cooperating to let us know what gender it was. They kept their feet tucked up under them in an indian style almost the entire time, haha! We found out during measurements though that the baby is 5" long and weights about 4-5 ounces. Such a wittle thing! 

I felt so bad for the ultrasound technician, haha! She kept trying to get the baby to move it's feet but they just were not having it. I got up and walked around... jumped a little. NOTHING, haha! They just kept their feet under their booty. I honestly thought we weren't going to be able to find out. Finally, the ultrasound technician offered one last resort...

She said, 'You can do an internal ultrasound since the baby is breeched and we should be able to get a better view of the bottom.' I hadn't had one of these done before, so I was a little skeptical, but I was also desperate, haha! So everyone cleared the room so we could get set up. She started the ultrasound, everyone came in, and IMMEDIATELY she got pictures of WHO our baby was. 

Are you ready?? :)


Any guesses??? BOY OR GIRL???

It's a......................................





GIRL.

Can you believe it?? :)

I think everyone was shocked because like 90% of the people I polled.. including my husband and my mother.. thought it was going to be a boy, but I just had this gut feeling it was a girl :) We are SOOO happy to be adding another baby girl to our family. I know our sweet Tayler is going to be a great big sister. 

We have decided on her name as well :)

Sawyer (pronounced SAW-yer NOT Soy-yer lol) Kellylynn. (We are using Kelly/Lynn because my mom's middle name is Kelly and Ethan's mom's middle name is Lynn and we wanted to combine them as opposed to her having two middle names!) 

We are SO thrilled and we hope you are too! Thanks for joining us on this journey :) 22-25 weeks left to go! :) 


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...