Monday, January 14, 2013

Oatmeal Smoothies: Healthy Lifestyle!

I wrote last week about changing my eating habits.

I did terrible this weekend.

I don't even want to talk about it, haha!

I am trying SO hard to keep my weight gain under control and sometimes I feel like I let my cravings and food control me *sigh*

Anyways, I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm just going to keep trying to keep my eating habits under control AND exercising. (I did 'exercise' A LOT this weekend so lets hope that helped counteract some of my bad decisions, haha!)

I thought I'd share a recipe with all of you. I made this this morning for breakfast and it was DELICIOUS and SO healthy!!

I found the recipe HERE.

 Basically, what you do is:

Get about 1/4 cup of oats and pulverize them in your blender. (If not, they will be too thick for your smoothie... do it first!)
Next, add 1/2 cup of milk.
Then add 1/2 cup of yogurt.
Then slice up a banana and strawberries and drop those in. 
Mix all of those together and pour in a cup... enjoy!

You can mix in whatever you'd like. This is just what I did this morning :) She has TONS of smoothie recipes on her blog if you want to check those out. :)

So, that was my breakfast this morning! Lets see if I can keep this healthy lifestyle up for the rest of the day. 

One day at a time for baby and me!

AND.

for a snack today I had a PB + J Yogurt Bowl. The recipe can be found HERE

It was DELICIOUS.

AND... only 240 calories :)

Super healthy. Super yummy! I feel great thus far today.. lets keep up this momentum. Baby is happy.. Mommy is happy.

The rest of the day went GREAT too!! I feel so happy!!

Had a bowl of raisin bran as well and for dinner we had salads with steak, corn, green peppers, black pepper, jalapenos, and hard boiled eggs chopped up. DELICIOUS!

I splurged in the evening and had a small vanilla ice cream cone.. :) Good ending to a great day! I feel healthy.. baby is kicking away! No more fast food. That's my goal!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...