Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Healthier Lifestyle!

So, we had our 6 month doctor's appointment today. Everything was great.. except for I was REALLY disappointed about my weight gain. The holidays definitely were not good for me. I was so upset I cried. I had been doing so good... and just to see that my hard work is slowly slipping out of my hands frustrates me. So, I vow for the next 4 weeks, I am going to work extremely hard at being good about what I am eating. I want to be healthy for the baby AND me. I don't want to feel disappointed. I know I am going to gain weight. I gained 40 with Tayler, but I want to feel good about what I'm eating and I KNOW I have ate terribly the last few weeks. 

So, for the next 4 weeks (to see if I have made a change at my next appointment..) I am going to work hard to see a difference and not a huge amount of weight added on.

First: It's going to start with what I am eating. I'll be the first to admit... I'm a mashed potatoes, bread and butter, hashbrowns girl. I LOVE my starches. But that has to change. Not as much.

I found a recipe on Pinterest for Oatmeal Smoothies... so those are going to be made this week for my breakfast/snacks. I am also going to have another kind of protein shake for breakfast. Mix it up a little. Healthy and still filling!

For snacks?

Celery and Peanut Butter. Apples. Cottage Cheese. Green Peppers.

For Lunches:

PB and Jelly Yogurt Bowls
Healthy cereal
Salad with corn and other veggies
Peach/Mango Smoothie
For Dinners:

Salad with steak and vinagerette dressing.
Roasted Veggies and a piece of steak.
Rice Bowls.
Baked Ham/Cottage Cheese/Vegetables


These are just a few examples of how I am going to change my eating habits. I'm not dieting.. just getting my calories from elsewhere! And I am going to start doing prenatal yoga every day and despite the cold-- I am going to attempt to walk a few times a week! I'm tired of feeling this way. 

Lets do this!

Lets be healthy!



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...