Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanks For The Housework.

How weird is it that it's 12:38am yet again... And here I am pondering and writing.. Yet again.

This time, I am writing in bed.

And of course, I'm laying here listening to deep breathing. Tonight, it's the sound of my husband.

My strong man seems so vulnerable right now in his sleep. So peaceful. So relaxed.

You might not know this about my husband, but he is a very hard worker. He wakes up at 3:30am Monday-Friday and drives a little over an hour to work... Works until 2:15pm and does it all over again the next day. By the end of the week, he is exhausted mentally and physically. I see hard work all over his body by the end of the week. Back aches, sore feet, fatigue. He does it all for us. He sits in a vehicle a little over 2 hours a day.. Stands on his feet 8 hours a day.. And helps me with the kids after work about 5 hours a day. He endures it all.. For us.

He would never brag to you about his work ethic. He would never tell you how tired he is.. Or how sore he is. He just does it. He does it because of love. He does it because he looks at his three girls (myself included) and he knows we need him. I'm not one of those ladies that will say, 'I don't need him. I want him.' Now, don't get me wrong. If I had to take care of my children alone, I would fulfill my responsibility, but in this moment of time (and hopefully forever-- my husband is my best friend).. I need him.

I need his help. I need his hard work. I need his love. I need his patience. I need his encouragement. I need his trust. I need his faithfulness. I need his support. I am a stay-at-home mom and I don't think my husband will ever understand how that completes me.. And I couldn't do it without him.

However, while I think about all that I need.. I think of him.

He needs my encouragement. He needs my support. He needs my love. He needs my faithfulness.. He needs my help (we are a team.) He needs my trust. He needs my patience. And most importantly--- he needs my thankfulness.

I know some women might look at me and think I am stuck in the 'old days.' I am a firm believer in staying home, taking care of the kids, doing the laundry, washing dishes, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, and whatever else it takes to care for my husband and my children. I am not saying all women have to follow in these footsteps... It's just what I feel is meant for me. I feel blessed being able to do this. And I am blessed because of my partner.

He has made this life for me and I feel like sometimes I take it for granted. I get upset when laundry piles up or the dishes need washed. And why? This is what I have always dreamed of. He works SO hard for me... And I complain about just simple tasks.

I refuse to let my husband feel under appreciated. I refuse to make him feel like his work goes unnoticed.. Or that I am ungrateful.

Thank you, husband, for all that you do for your girls and me.  You are the backbone of our family.. My support.. My motivation.. My love. Thank you for being the hard working man that you are. It does not go unnoticed. I am sorry if I ever seem ungrateful. I love you and appreciate you more than I could write in this blog.

Ladies, if you have a hard working man (regardless of whether you stay at home or not) please thank him today. They are few and far between and they deserve our admiration.


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...