Tuesday, April 15, 2014

12 Weeks-- and a Look at Old Wive's Tales!!

I am 12 weeks pregnant as of [04.16.2014] I'm a day early, but I felt put together today since I had photo sessions. Tomorrow I probably wouldn't look as nice considering I'm off work tomorrow, lol :) So, you get to see this belly early!

What's 12 weeks bringing? Good stuff! I'm feeling pretty good other than early mornings until I eat and if I sneeze. I always feel like I'm going to vomit when I sneeze. So weird. 

I have craved Mexican food this week. taco dip, tortilla chips, rice, queso sauce, tacos.. you name it. Delicious! 

I've had a ton of energy with this pregnancy. I'm not sure if having two kids makes me HAVE to be energetic or what? I very rarely feel like I absolutely have to sit down and rest. My girls keep me on my toes though, so that might be something! 

'What to Expect' says the baby is about 1/2 an ounce and is the size of a large plum.

I'm having a hard time believing that we are only 1 week away from the 2nd trimester. Can you believe it? It seems like it's going really fast. Kind of scary in a way, lol! :) Tayler's pregnancy DRUG. Quinn's went pretty quickly and this one seems to be going by even faster. Hard to believe we only have 25-28 weeks until we meet him/her! :) (Speaking of him/her--- I just can't wait to find out what 'it' is hehe!)

Alright-- are you ready for the questions?? They're still a little boring, but oh well- bear with me! ;)

How far along?
12 weeks.
Total Weight Gain? None that I'm aware of-- I don't check at home though :/ I'll know more at my next appointment on April 29th :)
Maternity Clothes? Nah! Just the belly band!
Stretch Marks? I have some from both pregnancies already!
Sleep: Pretty good! I have a hankerin' to sleep on my tummy though. Weird!
Best Moment of This Week:  Getting closer to the 2nd trimester :) It's always a good feeling!
Miss Anything? Not really so far. I needed a stiff drink a few days this week LOL but nothing I couldn't handle sober, haha! :)
Movement: Of course not. Lol
Food Cravings: Mexicanooo! :)
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Just early mornings! If I don't eat, I'm a mess :)
Gender: We have no idea!
Labor Signs: I'd sure hope not! :)
Symptoms: Nausea, heartburn, sore boobies, exhaustion
Belly Button In or Out? She's an innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On and sometimes off at night! My hands seem to swell then for some reason?
Happy or Moody this Week?  I've been a little moody this week :/ Everything seems to either make me cry or tick me off. Poor hubby!
Looking Forward To: Starting the 2nd trimester and finding out the gender :)

Speaking of finding out the gender. I found a thing about 'Old Wives Tales' that are supposed to 'determine' WHAT you're having.. so I thought I'd post some here and see what the results are ;)

Are you carrying high or low? If you're carrying high, it's a girl. If you're carrying low, it's a boy.
I think it's a little too early to tell but to me, it seems like I'm carrying low. BOY.

Is the heart-rate above 140+ beats per minute? If so, it's a girl. If it's under, it's a boy.
It was 154bpm last time we were there. GIRL.

Are you craving sweet stuff? If so, they say you're having a girl. If you're craving salty things, they say you're having a boy.
I crave anything salty and sweet things make me feel so sick (well, most of the time.) BOY.

What does the Chinese gender chart say?
BOY. (But it said boy for Quinn too LOL)

Are you breaking out on your face? Story goes, girls steal their mother's beauty while boys enhance it.
Breaking out. Zits all over chin. Woo! GIRL.

Take your wedding ring off, tie it to a string, and hang it over your belly. If it moves in a circle, you're having a boy. Back and forth, it's a girl.
We did this three times and all three times it moved back and forth. GIRL.

Are you sick as a dog? If so, you're having a girl. Feeling good? Boy.
I've felt pretty good so far. Little morning sickness. BOY.

Do you sleep on your right side or left side? Left side means a boy, right side means a girl.
Right side all of the way! GIRL.

Are your hands soft or dry? Soft means a girl, dry means a boy.
Soft. I rarely get dry hands. GIRL.

Show someone your hands. Are your palms up or down? Up means a girl, down means a boy.
I showed Ethan my hands... palms up. GIRL.

Those are the only ones that I can really tell at this point in my pregnancy since I'm not that far along :) So, 6/10 says GIRL for this pregnancy. We will see if it's right eventually!! :)


Old Wives Tales found here and here.

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...