Wednesday, May 21, 2014

17 Weeks Pregnant


We are 17 weeks pregnant today [5/21/2014]


I feel like this is going so fast. It's all so bittersweet for me. I know this is my last pregnancy... which kind of hurts my heart that it is going by so fast, but I am so excited to meet the little man, so it makes it exciting too! *sigh* I'm just trying to take it all in. People are already saying, 'I bet you're ready to have that baby already.. it's starting to get warm out' and truth be told-- I'm enjoying it. Sure, I was nervous about being pregnant in the Summer, but realizing this is it made me want to breathe it all in. This is the last baby that will kick me from the inside.. the last baby that I'll feel hiccup through my belly... the last baby I'll give birth to. I'm enjoying this ride. You don't realize how precious this gift is until you start realizing.. I'm not going to be pregnant again after this one. I LOVE being pregnant. Sure, there are tough moments, but the beautiful ones outweigh it greatly. We just know that our family is complete. We always said we wanted three.. God blessed us with two beautiful daughters and now a handsome son. We know we are blessed.. and we are ready to watch our children grow up.. but it's still a tough thing for me to face at this point.

Alright, well, on my 17 week pregnant note:

I am feeling baby boy more and more. It's nothing too strong, but I can feel his subtle movements pretty consistently now-- the best feeling ever! :)

We have an ultrasound next Thursday-- I almost can't contain my excitement for it! I can't wait to see that profile picture!

*sigh* I have been an emotional wreck this week.. Just everything is making me cry.  I know it's hormones, lol, but goodness!  I think it's just a mixture of a lot of things. 

I love this baby so much and I feel so privileged to be able to carry him.


I look at my girls and I just hope I can be the best Mom I can be. I know I fail.. I struggle sometimes. I hate raising my voice and I do it from time to time.. but I'm trying so hard to be the woman God called me to be... the Mother God called me to be. 

Weekly question time?

How far along? 17 weeks.
Total Weight Gain? Zero so far-- that I know of! We have a doctor's appointment next Thursday and I'll know more then :)
Maternity Clothes? A few shorts, but nothing other than that. Gotta love the belly band!
Stretch Marks? I have some from both pregnancies already!
Sleep: I've had a tough time this week-- lots of dreaming!
Best Moment of This Week: Feeling baby boy A LOT more :)
Miss Anything?  I really needed to sleep on my belly this week and I just couldn't. Lol
Movement: Here and there! :)
Food Cravings: Jr Bacon Cheeseburger and a Whopper. So healthy! HA!
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Just early mornings! If I don't eat, I'm a mess :) and if I sneeze for some reason? I always feel like I'm going to vomit after.
Gender: BOY!!
Labor Signs: I'd sure hope not! :)
Symptoms: Nausea in the AM, peeing constantly, feeling movement, tired a lot! 
Belly Button In or Out? She's an innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On and sometimes off at night! My hands seem to swell then for some reason?
Happy or Moody this Week?  I've had a moody week this week!. Poor Ethan!
Looking Forward To: our ultrasound next week :)

Cheers to 17 weeks.. on to 18 weeks!

21 days until we are half way there!




Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...