Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Alphabet Weeks-- Day 2 --- Letter B


Our task today (5/20/2014) was:

  B is for BIBLE. We are going to read the story of BABY Jesus being BORN HERE. This story doesn't go too in depth, but with Tayler and Quinn's 3 minute attention span, I think what they have written is perfect!
“She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:7 (New International Reader’s Version)
Have the children do the following hand motions along with repeating the words after you, to help them learn the Bible Verse:
She gave birth to her first born, a son: act like you are rocking a baby
She wrapped him in clothes: wrap a pretend baby in a blanket
And placed him in a manger: pretend to gently lay the baby down
Because there was no room: shake head side to side as though saying, “no”
For them in the inn: make the shape of a house with your arms
Luke 2: hold up 2 fingers
7: hold up 7 fingers
Do this a few times with the children. Make it fun for them to do the motions and say the words. Involving them in active learning is essential for memorization at this age.

I had a lot of fun with this activity, but the girls had more fun eating and throwing the doll LOL I really thought we were going to get somewhere with this... a fun way to learn a Bible verse, haha, but I think the pictures truly speak for themselves LOL









Gah, I love my kids, haha! Never a dull moment around here :) Cheers to the letter 'B' and ... biting? lol

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...