Thursday, December 28, 2017

Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman




One of my steps towards becoming a better person is becoming a better wife and mother. These 4 people are my purpose- they are the people I am around 24/7 and I want to be the best example I can possibly be for them. I was  reading through some information on becoming a 'godly woman' today and I read about the Proverbs 31  woman, Now, many moons ago, I had the privilege of memorizing these verses for Bible Quizzing, but I don't think I've read them, or sadly, even thought about them in 10+ years.

Now, I'm not an ordained minister. I haven't studied at Bible college. I'm not a teacher. I'm probably not even worth enough to sit here and write all of this, honestly. But I am someone that wants to grow and be the best version of myself possible. One way I want to do this is by studying the Proverbs 31 woman. So, for the next 31 days, I want to study, read, and write about the various characteristics of this precious woman... and as I am studying, reading, and writing... I  want to work on those certain characteristics each day.

Proverbs 31:10 states, 'Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

In the dictionary, virtuous can be described as "conforming to moral and ethical principles; morally excellent; upright." 

Now, this isn't to say that the Proverbs 31 woman was perfect. She was simply trying-- pushing towards moral excellence. 

A woman striving for moral excellence- a woman seeking to be ethical and upright-- she is worth more than rubies. 

God, help me to be this woman. Guide me with my morals.. guide me with my ethics. Continue to work on my heart so that I can walk in a way that is good and perfect in Your sight!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...