Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 31 Woman: Day 2- Trustworthy



While reading about the  Proverbs 31 woman last night, I came across a quote that states:

"The Proverbs 31 woman isn't so much a lesson on getting up early, sewing clothes, buying a field, or achieving perfection. The heart of the matter is that she was dedicated to walking in virtue. She cared deeply for her husband and children. She put the needs of her family before her desires. She was a woman of noble character who walked by faith. My guess is, she wasn't perfect- none of us are. But she was ready and willing to be perfect by God." (Darlene Schacht)

This  is important to remember as we are on our Proverbs 31 journey. God doesn't require perfection. He just wants to see us striving to be the best version of ourselves possible. If you have a bad day as a wife, mother, friend, coworker, person..... just pick yourself back up and start fresh tomorrow.

Now, as I always say-  I didn't go to bible college. I'm not ordained. Up until a few weeks ago, I  was in a sin-fueled life style. So, when I write all of this, please don't think that  I  have my life completely together and that I'm preaching this information to anyone.  Honestly, this is more for me  than anyone else... I WANT to become a better person through studying and reading His Word. This blog has become an outlet for me on this journey and I can only hope that it blesses someone else along the way.

The first characteristic of the virtuous woman we are going to be talking about is: trustworthiness

Trustworthy means reliable, dependable, honest, honorable, upright, principled, true, truthful, ethical.

In Proverbs 31:11, we read, "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain." (ESV)

Proverbs 31:11- "Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it." (The Message)

Her husband trusts her without [distance, inhibition, doubt, hesitation, limitation] and he never has a reason to regret it.

Now, it is important to remember here that the Proverbs 31 woman is a trustworthy person in general. Even if you aren't married, you can still push yourself to be reliable, dependable, and faithful in all other aspects of your life. 

Is there someone that you haven't been trustworthy towards? is there someone that you haven't been dependable or reliable to? Is there an activity that you haven't  been 100% reliable towards? Have you only given half of your heart to something? have you let other things take the place of worship? Today is the day to face that head on.  Today is the day to work on trustworthiness.  Do you need to apologize to someone? To yourself? Do you need to spend more time with someone? Today is here-- and trustworthiness can be within our reach if we are willing to work on it.

While  praying about this blog last night, one thing Jesus kept telling me was this:

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. (the Message)

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;  and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.

If we TRUST God. If we SEEK God in EVERYTHING. If we TALK to Him before doing anything. If we LISTEN for His voice in EVERYTHING.... we will be trustworthy people because He would never lead us in to a situation that wasn't for our good!!

To be trustworthy, we must first trust. Trust the King to lead you in the perfect direction for your life. Through trusting Him, through talking to Him... through repenting to Him... your life can be pure and lead to an honest, reliable, truthful lifestyle.



As we end this blog, I want to share a beautiful prayer I  saw on Pinterest that can be spoken  for anyone we love, but I  am praying it over my husband today. I am striving to be the best me possible and one way that can be done is through praying for the other half of me.

"l pray that despite anything that he might have gone through in the past that you would make his  story  one of victory. In  Jesus name,Amen."

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...