Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 31 Woman: Day 3- Do Good (And Make as Little Fuss As Possible)



Proverbs 31:12 states

She will do him good and not evil
all the days of her life. (AKJV)

As long as she lives, she does him good and never harm (GNT)

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. (NLT)

According to the dictionary, 'good' is described as: that which is morally right, righteousness, morality, integrity, virtue.


'Bad' is described as: unpleasant, disagreeable, negligent,  miserable, careless

She will be morally right with integrity and virtue-- she will not be disagreeable, negligent, miserable, and careless.

I'll be honest with you here.

I haven't always been an upstanding wife (or person in general) but definitely not always a virtuous wife.

I swear, it was like I found pleasure in arguing about anything. I had this defensive nature where if I heard any kind of criticism, I was ready to just start yelling right there. Horrible attitude. A smart alec, if you will. I look  back at the woman that I have been and cringe with some memories. How many arguments could have been avoided if I hadn't been unpleasant, disagreeable, negligent, careless, and miserable. if I would have had compassion, integrity, a soft nature, a kind heart.

Proverbs 17:22 says, 'A merry heart doeth good like medicine.'

A merry heart heals situations, not a miserable heart.

I read a quote on Pinterest yesterday that says, "Do all the good you can and make as little fuss about it as possible."

This hit home for the miserable person i used to be. If I was sitting down  at home and someone asked for something, I remember saying, "Can I just sit for two seconds!!!" or when I actually got up to do the task, I would make a big deal about it. Who cared that I was doing anything good for my family-- my  attitude and heart were awful!!! 

Today, lets all do all the good we can and make as little fuss about it as possible. Lets have merry,compassionate, kind hearts. Lets let go of our miserable, disagreeable natures. If someone  is upsetting you, have a soft answer to avoid that potential argument. It is so worth it for our hearts!!!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...