Thursday, December 28, 2017

By the Grace of God, I Am What I Am





"For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God, I am what I am....' (Paul wrote this in 1 Corinthians 15:9)




By the grace of God, I am what I am.




I dont deserve to be anything for Him... When I restarted my relationship with Him, all I could say.. All I could offer... Was a repentant heart. Thats it. That's all I have. That's all He had to work with.
By the grace of God, I am what I am. By His grace, I haven't had alcohol in 27 days. By His grace, I crave the word of God. By His grace, I don't have to live in shame. By His grace, I get to experience His peace and love. By His grace, I get to live redeemed. 

Those words keep hitting home today, guys.

By the grace of God, I am what I am. This is going to be my new mantra. I don't deserve any of it!! But His mercy is new every single day!!!! 
By the grace of God, I get to do this every morning. I get to experience Him every morning. By the grace of God, I get to praise Him taking my daughter to school in the morning instead of pulling over half way there because the anxiety is too great. By the grace of God, I get to read His word every morning instead of laying in bed, scared of what the day was going to bring. By the grace of God, I get to rest in repentance and forgiveness instead of wallowing in shame and pity!



And by the grace of God, I am what I am. A sinner saved by grace.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...