Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 31 Woman: Day 14- There's Still Love in This World




Proverbs 31:20- "She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." (BRG)

Proverbs 31:20- "
She’s quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor." (The Message)

Proverbs 31:20- "
She reaches out to the poor and extends mercy to those in need" (VOICE)



There's no question about it- the Proverbs 31 woman was a giving woman. She was compassionate. She was loving. Not just towards her own family, but by those who truly and desperately needed. I read a few commentaries about the Proverbs 31 woman and one particular one discussed the fact that the Proverbs 31 woman was active in her desire to give. The Bible doesn't just say 'she gave to the poor and needy..' The authors use powerful words such as 'stretches forth her hand' and 'reaches out.' These imply pushing for the blessings to flow on others. 

The AMPC Bible gave a great outlook on this scripture. "She opens her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her filled hands to the needy [whether in body, mind, or spirit]." She filled the hands of the needy whether in BODY, MIND, or SPIRIT. 

Giving to those in need financially is important. There are some who struggle due to the cards life has dealt them. Some people need help getting back on their feet. Some have difficult circumstances they are facing and need a little assistance. If God impresses on your heart to give financially to these people, follow that voice with a cheerful heart. He will never lead you astray-- especially when you are being used to be a blessing to someone else.

However, God can also impress on our hearts to give in other ways. 

Denzel Washington once said, "At the end of the day it's not about what you have or even what you've accomplished. It's about who you've lifted up, who you've made better. It's about what you've given back."

Mandy Hale said, "To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care."

And another quote said, "Kindness is a wonderful way to let another struggling soul know that there is still love in this world." This is living with purpose.

There is so much pain in this world. So much negativity. So much depression. So much anxiety. So much brokenness. If we would just stop and look around us, we would see it. God is begging us to stop with our busy schedules and NOTICE the people around us-- our families, our friends, our coworkers, the people at the store, the person near you at a restaurant. Notice them. Smile. Offer a compliment. Strike up a conversation. Something. I don't think people understand how much it blesses me when they start talking to me at a store. I love it. As a stay at home momma, I don't get a great deal of 'social interaction' at times, so it makes my day when someone starts talking to me, even if it is about something random. They bless me. We can be used by God in this manner, too. We don't have to be rich to give to this world. We can give with a positive attitude. We can give by asking our friends if they are okay. We can give by visiting our family more often. We can give by sacrificing busy schedules for time with someone that needs us right now. 

This world is a hurting world. Trust me, I have been there. Broken. In pain. Secretly crying out for someone to notice. You wouldn't believe how many people we pass on a daily basis that are inwardly begging for someone to talk to them, someone to compliment them, someone to care. Be that person. Be the person that slows down and listens to their heart. God is tugging on all of us to be His hands and His feet. He is begging for us to rest in Him, slow down, and take a little time to pick up another human being- even if it is just with a smile. 

I find myself asking God every day to let people see Him shining through me so they have to ask, 'What's different??????' and I get the chance to tell them about a loving God that had mercy on my soul and saved me from the life I was living. A life full of anxiety, hypochondria, countless drinks to relax... He filled me with a joy that helps me to rest in Him. I want to tell the whole world-- and I find myself praying for one person that just needs to hear that He loves them and wants them to have peace in their lives. 

Today, I pray that God will bless all of us with a GIVING spirit. Help us to follow Your voice, Jesus. Help us to see the hurting. Help us to hear their cries. Help us to know how to give and what to say. Let us come in contact with the broken so that we can give-- whether it is financially, whether it is spiritually. We are Your hands and feet, Jesus!!! Take us to the people that are desperate for a change. Teach us to love how You love! Teach us to serve how You serve! Let us seek Your face every single day so that we are so full of You it is overflowing to other people. We love You Jesus! 

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...