Thursday, December 28, 2017

Proverbs 31 Woman: Day 15- Planning Ahead




The first part of Proverbs 31:21 states, "When it snows, she’s not afraid for her family...." (NIRV)
Proverbs 31:21- "
She is not worried about the cold or snow for her family...." (VOICE)
Proverbs 31:21- "
She does not worry about her family when it snows...." (ERV)


The first word that stuck out in this scripture was WORRY. As someone that has struggled with anxiety almost her entire life, I always take note of this word because there is so much power behind it. Worry is such a thief. Philippians 4:6 tells us "Don't worry about anything instead pray about everything." Do you know how much stuff I've missed out on because of fear and worry? I let it strip so much from me. And as I continue to read about the Proverbs 31 woman, I see the woman I'm supposed to be: free from worry, free from anxiety, free from fretting the night away.

While praying about this particular verse this morning- I feel like God showed me two things... two things I need to work on.

1. STOP WORRYING.

2. YOU CAN STOP WORRYING BY PREPARING AND PLANNING AHEAD.

The Proverbs 31 woman didn't worry about her family during the Winter because she was a planner. During the year, she prepared and purchased what they would need to survive the cold. This really hit home for me. Instead of waiting til the last minute, she bought and created through the year so she wasn't rushing to get it all done by the end of the year-- so she wasn't worrying and fretting and wasting her life.

Imagine how much stuff we could quit worrying about if we just planned and prepared better? Half the stuff we worry about isn't meant for us to carry around. God has called us to rest in Him... and He has also called us to care about ourselves and our mental health as well-- and we can do that by not leaving things until the last minute. (I am prone to doing that some days! It is a horrible habit to get in to!)

George S. Patton once stated, "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." 

Our hearts and minds could be put at ease if we became more organized and learned to prepare. Purchase those calendars, slowly buy things at yard sales, find deals on Christmas presents in February. Whatever weighs you down through the year, try and be proactive and plan ahead. It will save you from worry and anxiety as the year progresses.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...