Thursday, December 28, 2017

Word of __________________________





The book of John was on our schedule to begin reading today. I have always loved the first chapter of John because it reminds me why we LOVE the Word of God so much-- why we find power, strength, peace, and mercy in it.

Reading John 1:1 caused me to weep this morning- I love His Word. It has always been a rescue.. an escape for me for as long as I can remember (I just forgot for a period of time....) And this verse is a constant reminder that the Word IS HIM. Reading it, studying it, embracing it, living it-- it's all time spent with Him.

John 1:1- In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. (GW)

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (NIV)

John 1:1- In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. (AMP)

My parents bought me a study Bible Christmas 2005 and it breaks down the scriptures beautifully. After this verse, it states, "Just as a person's words reveal his or her mind, Christ as 'the Word' reveals the heart and mind of God."

Jesus' words - the kindness and wisdom that oozed out of Him - reflected God and thus He was described as portraying 'the Word of God.'

If our words (what we say in our daily lives- with our friends, our families, by ourselves, to our children...) defined us as a person, what would we be called??

Jesus= Word of God
Alyssa= Word of _________

What energy am I bringing forth with my words?? What would I be described as?  

Inappropriate? Malicious? Miserable? Uncompassionate? Selfish? Egotistic? Disgusting?

or

Faithful? Loving? Peaceful? Wise? Caring? Compassionate? Forgiving? Humble? 

The words that go from my mouth...

What would I be nicknamed if they chose the nickname?

Word of Conceitedness?
Word of Lies?
Word of Gossip?
Word of Hate?
Word of Bitterness?

or

Word of Truth?
Word of Love?
Word of Hope?
Word of Quiet?
Word of Forgiveness?

God, let me be the latter.

Let Your voice flow through me so that if anyone were to speak ill of me, no one would believe it. Let my words make me a better person FOR YOU. Let me be a light. A positive voice.

I have been horrible with my words over the past few years.  So undeserving of a second chance. But seeking a change- let me emit good with every thing that flows from my lips!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...