Thursday, December 28, 2017

Consider the Birds.





For as long as I can remember, my life has been destroyed and bound by the chains of anxiety and depression. Gripped. Broken. Imprisoned.

I honestly don't even know how it started. One day, I felt like I was doing to pass out at the store and the next thing I know, I didn't leave my house for months.I was chained to this fear. I couldn't break free from it no matter how many times I tried.

Even now as an adult, I've struggled with it. I seemed alright to those looking in, but I couldn't even go in to the store alone with my children. I might have seemed 'okay', but anxiety still had me as it's prisoner. There have been days in the past year that I couldn't even get out of bed-- depression was choking the very life from me. Constant worry, dread, sickness. I was terrified of something bad happening. Afraid that I was going to die from some awful disease. I would be so sick to my stomach even thinking about going to pick my daughter up from school, trying not to hyperventilate the entire way there.

The night of Saturday, April 9th- God changed my entire countenance.

I've begged for freedom from my sinful ways for a long time.

BUT

I've never been desperate for it,

And you know what He did??

He took that desperation and started healing from the inside out.

I  was reading in Luke chapter 12 and I came across a verse that states:

Luke 12:24- Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! (NLT)

Luke 12:24-Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? (KJV)

Luke 12:24-  Consider the crows. They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even have a storeroom or a barn. Yet, God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds. (GW)

WHY do we worry-- 
WHY do I worry?

The birds don't plant or harvest.
They trust in God to provide.

Why can't I trust Him..

trust Him to provide:
- peace
- healing if I do have a sickness
- a way through a tough time
- protection if something does happen I can't control

He cares for the birds, but we are worth SO much more to Him!!!

We are worth LOVE, PEACE, HEALING, PROTECTION, COMPASSION, PROVISION... we are worth all that to Him, but the key is trusting Him enough to give it... 

quit trying to control every circumstance.. no wonder we are so unhappy! so sad! so miserable!! We aren't meant to the master of our lives. He is!

Consider the birds today.
Then consider your beautiful worth!!!

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...