Thursday, December 28, 2017

I MUST.






I was reading Luke chapter 4 this morning, and now, this is a chapter-- a book-- I have read a million times over the course of my life, but God hit me like a ton of bricks with a phrase in this chapter this morning.

I'm going to share a few translations of Luke 4:43 and I hope you can feel the power behind this scripture.

Luke 4:43-44  (The Message) He left the next day for open country. But the crowds went looking and, when they found him, clung to him so he couldn’t go on. He told them, “Don’t you realize that there are yet other villageswhere I have to tell the Message of God’s kingdom, that this is the work God sent me to do?” Meanwhile he continued preaching in the meeting places of Galilee.

Luke 4:43 (KJV) And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luke 4:43 (THE VOICE) No, I cannot stay. I need to preach the kingdom of God to other cities too. This is the purpose I was sent to fulfill.

I MUST PREACH THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

The Kingdom of God according to Romans is God's approval and peace, as well as the joy that the Holy Spirit gives (Darby Translation)

When I read this verse, I instantly got cold chills.

There is a huge difference between WANTING to speak about God's love, peace, and joy.... and NEEDING to speak about it. That MUST factor.

I MUST tell the world about His peace. His joy.

I MUST!

He knew how much brokenness was in this world. He knew the desperation. He knew the lost were out there struggling, fighting to keep their heads above water.

When I read that, it hit me how I need that MUST factor.

I MUST tell you about the peace I have found in Him. A peace where I can finally take my children to the store alone without anxiety choking me. A peace where I can finally sit at home and relax without feeling like I need alcohol.

I MUST tell you about the joy that fills my heart-- a joy I haven't felt in such a long time. A joy that I want to protect from the craziness and sin of this world. 

I MUST tell you about the forgiveness you can find in Him--even when the devil  tells you that you aren't deserving of it or that the change in your life hasn't been 'long enough' to really be a change.

I MUST tell  you about His healing power that can restore broken hearts,broken relationships, broken pasts, broken souls. A healing power that can take anxiety from your life. A healing power that can strip all the bad away one tear at a time.

I MUST tell you that you aren't too far gone. I thought i was, but He reminds me every day that you aren't. He's standing at the end of that dusty road waiting for you. Longing for you. Working on you.

I MUST tell you that oh, how He loves us. Cherishes us. Wants us. Can forgive us. Can put us back together. Can heal  those broken pieces of your life. Can give peace and life! A life that doesn't have to be filled with temporary satisfaction.

I'm nowhere near perfect. But I am trying...

I HAD to tell you that.
I HAD to share that.

I must.

No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...