Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lessons. (March 3rd)





Today's theme is: your favorite motivational quote..

However, we are going to switch it up a little bit.

I got this nifty little Bible from Amazon (LINK HERE) and I absolutely love it! It has a lot of space to take notes and underline scriptures-- which is perfect when you want to remember that little nugget that God takes the time to reveal to you from time to time! And not only does it have room to take notes, it breaks down the scriptures for you. I understand every thing I read-- which is beneficial because it is not only just 'reading the Bible' but it is actually studying the Bible (just by reading it.) I feel like it fills my soul more than our other Bibles, I can't explain it.

We started reading Proverbs about 2 weeks ago which of course means-- tons of notes and tons of stuff to soak in! One thing I felt God speaking about was LESSONS.

In the Book of Proverbs, the author states, "These are the wise sayings of Solomon, David's son, Israel's king- written down so we'll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it's going. A manual for living." (Proverbs 1:1-2)

Proverbs: a manual for living.

And in this manual for living are many lessons.

While taking notes, I always think about my Bible and how I want it passed on to my children one day with all of the thoughts that filled my mind over the years and the things I learned and what God took me through. While reading through Proverbs, as I previously said, God kept saying LESSONS. When something convicted my heart, made me feel strengthened, sounded like something I needed to work on... I wrote LESSON next to it.

And since today was all about your favorite motivational quote, I thought: what's better than lessons from our sweet Savior to help us grow and learn about life. I'm only to chapter 17 right now, but I wanted to document a few of these lessons that God put on my heart--- He desires for us to be the best we can be and reading through Proverbs teaches us just how to do that.

Lesson #1- Bow down to Jesus in all things - this is the first step to learning (Proverbs 1:7)
Lesson #2- Keep good company (Dear friend, if bad companions tempt you, don't go with them... Oh friend, don't give them a second look, don't listen to them for a minute. They're racing to a very band end.- Proverbs 1:8-19)
Lesson #3- Relax. You're in good hands. (Proverbs 1:32-33)
Lesson #4- Trust God and quit trying to figure everything out on your own. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Lesson #5- Sleep without worry. He will keep you sound and safe. (Proverbs 3:24-26)
Lesson #6- Never walk away from someone who deserves help. (Proverbs 3:27)
Lesson #7- Don't be a twisted soul. (God can't help twisted souls- Don't be a bully. - Proverbs 3:33-34)
Lesson #8- Avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. (Proverbs 4:24)
Lesson #9- Stay out of debt. (Keep out of debt or you're in the man's clutches.- Proverbs 6:1-5)
Lesson #10- Avoid what God hates/loathes. (Here are the six things God hates, and one more that He loathes with a passion: Eyes that are arrogant, a tongue that lies, hands that murder the innocent, a hear that hatches evil plans, feet that race down a wicked track, a mouth that lies under oath, and a troublemaker in the family.- Proverbs 6:18-19)

We also receive another reminder in chapter 8--- Proverbs teaches us how to live at our best!

Lesson #11- If we look for Him, we will find Him. (I love those who love Me, those who look for Me, find Me.- Proverbs 8:17)
Lesson #12- When you find Me, you find life--- real life. (Proverbs 8:35)
Lesson #13- Hate starts fights- love pulls a quilt over the bickering. (Proverbs 10:12)
Lesson #14- Storms don't phase good people. (When the storm is over, there's nothing left of the wicked. God people, firm on their rock foundation, aren't even fazed.- Proverbs 10:25)
Lesson #15- Those who bless others are blessed. (The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed. Those who help others are helped.- Proverbs 11:25)
Lesson #16- Think before you speak! (Careful words make for a careful life! Proverbs 13:3)
Lesson #17- A gentle response defuses anger. (A sharp response keeps the temper going! Proverbs 15:1)
Lesson #18- Don't be miserable. (A miserable heart means a miserable life. A cheerful heart fills the day with song. Proverbs 15:15)
Lesson #19- Want peace? Have a cool, calm spirit. (Hot tempers start fights, but a calm, cool spirit keeps the peace. Proverbs 15:18)
Lesson #20- Things work out when you trust God. (Proverbs 16:20)

Hopefully we can update this as we progress down Proverbs, but I hope these lessons bless your soul. It felt good to read through them one more time-- I can only pray to remember these. I know I won't be perfect, but I hope who God is and the lessons He teaches us can just soak into my soul.



No comments:

August 13th Journal Prompt: Anger.

 The journal prompt of the day is: How do you deal with your anger? I bottle a lot of my emotions up inside. If I feel anger- it may show on...